QUOTE]Originally posted by Craig:
mbrown2, I agree with everything you say except one thing. The blower on a 525SC is a Weiand 177. Even smaller than the 250! It's made to make about 550 horsepower max. You're right more cubes and bigger blower ought to do it
Craig

Craig, I think the 550 HP for a 177 is a little bit conservative. You can build a mild 454 to run around 500 HP with the right cam, head work, pistons & exhaust pretty easily. Then add a small blower & that is good for about 125 to 150 HP at 8 pounds or so says Weiand. That should yield about 600+ HP, easily & maybe even 650-700 HP for a nicely prepared motor or do you think I'm pushing the numbers a little far? Ok so thatÂ’s turning that small blower fast but your not spinning it that fast all the time if propped right. Also if you find a way to deliver cool air to the engine like fresh air tube to a sealed air box & water injection those numbers should not be so hard to come to in my opinion.
Granted the HP numbers he needs are still low. He needs CUBES & more HP than even the best that combo would do.