Thread: Tires?

kraig
    Anyone with a 3/4 or 1ton change from a 10 or 8 ply down to a 6 or 4 ply. I dont have a heavy boat, just a little 16 footer and I dont carry ALOT of weight. Just trying to save a little $$$.

Paulie
    Anyone with a 3/4 or 1ton change from a 10 or 8 ply down to a 6 or 4 ply. I dont have a heavy boat, just a little 16 footer and I dont carry ALOT of weight. Just trying to save a little $$$.
    I just put Nitto Terra Grapplers on my superduty and so far so good hope that helps

sigepmock
    I run the Toyo MT's but am switching to the Toyo All terrains(which are basically the same as the Nitto's). I think 8 ply will yield a better ride quality.
    You would be fine with a load range D tire vs. the load range E that came stock. And run them around 35 to 40 psi when empty depending on tread wear and you should see a pretty decent ride quality.
    Good luck,
    Chris

kraig
    Thanks guys, I will be looking at some BFG's and M/T's tonite. Going to try more of a highway tread tire, I'm going to lower it a bit, not SLAM it just a little lower.

SJP12
    Thanks guys, I will be looking at some BFG's and M/T's tonite. Going to try more of a highway tread tire, I'm going to lower it a bit, not SLAM it just a little lower.
    FYI, right now costco is having $60 off total purchase (on a set) price of BFG tires, AT KO's are included but I'm not sure about the MT's.

RitcheyRch
    I have those on my Tundra and really like them.
    I just put Nitto Terra Grapplers on my superduty and so far so good hope that helps