Thread: Elko NV???

mach1alaska
    I was just offered a good job in Elko NV I have been there a couple of times but the closest I have lived is Reno. Are there any people here from that area??

MOBrien
    "SSTahoe" is from Minden, NV just outside of Reno I believe. Try PM'ing him for info on the area.

HocusPocus
    i don't live there but i have driven thru it a bunch when i drove truck.. not much out there as i remember.

BarryMac
    SpectraToad is from Reno...

I Feel the Need...
    i don't live there but i have driven thru it a bunch when i drove truck.. not much out there as i remember.
    I've been told that there are alot of chicken ranches there...

egg beater
    ya and a lot of farmers , choking the chicken

HocusPocus
    I've been told that there are alot of chicken ranches there...
    well.. thats the rumor anyway..

SummerBreeze
    I may have a little Elko NV. info. for you.
    I had a girlfriend that moved to that area for 2 years ago. I was going to move myself but we couldn't work out our differences. I just about wore out a vehical driving back and forth. It was 350 miles one way I live in Minden Nv..
    I think Elko is the next boom town because of 5 reasons. 1). Super walmart just opened up. 2).Home Depot just built a new store. 3).The price of gold is going up. "Elko has 2 of the largest open pit gold mines in the world" 4).A train unloading station is being constructed next to interstate 80.5).The price of homes are cheap.
    The biggest draw back is the weather. It's one cold nasty place in the winter. I think summer is only about 3 months long and it's hot too. If you like to hunt it's a great place to be. Only one little lake in Spring Creek and I don't think the fishing is good there. But the Ruby Marshes are great for fishing.
    Elko is a cowboy town and the people want to keep it that way. Ranches,Cows, Horses, and Ford pick ups. I may end up there myself some day. Because I like it the Nevada way best. Good Luck to ya!

mach1alaska
    I lived in Alaska for several years and now live about 40 miles from canada in montana so I doubt the winters will bother me much.

SSTahoe
    I may have a little Elko NV. info. for you.
    I had a girlfriend that moved to that area for 2 years ago. I was going to move myself but we couldn't work out our differences. I just about wore out a vehical driving back and forth. It was 350 miles one way I live in Minden Nv..
    I think Elko is the next boom town because of 5 reasons. 1). Super walmart just opened up. 2).Home Depot just built a new store. 3).The price of gold is going up. "Elko has 2 of the largest open pit gold mines in the world" 4).A train unloading station is being constructed next to interstate 80.5).The price of homes are cheap.
    The biggest draw back is the weather. It's one cold nasty place in the winter. I think summer is only about 3 months long and it's hot too. If you like to hunt it's a great place to be. Only one little lake in Spring Creek and I don't think the fishing is good there. But the Ruby Marshes are great for fishing.
    Elko is a cowboy town and the people want to keep it that way. Ranches,Cows, Horses, and Ford pick ups. I may end up there myself some day. Because I like it the Nevada way best. Good Luck to ya!
    Someone else from Minden???? guess I have been away for to long.