Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "FINISHLINE" BOAT FOR SALE

Armed & Dangerous
    I have a beautiful 1996 V-drive, open bow, ski boat for sale! 20'2", 548 ci blower motor, 1100 +/- H.P. Seats 5 without anyone in the bow. New: Turbo 400, 3 speed trans., 21% gears & 3 blade steel prop by Tom Bentley. Custom made for this motor - "water jacketed" headers by Paul Bassett. Adjustable cavitation plates, all the gauges including $400 Gaffrig GPS. Custom billet swim step on transom. Much, much more. Asking $52,500. Email me for additional information at: sierawst@sbcglobal.net
    (Everybody's) boat goes 100 mph so I'm not even going there! Thanks to all for looking! 1/21/06
    Mike

Highlimit9000
    I have a beautiful 1996 V-drive, open bow, ski boat for sale! 20'2", 548 ci blower motor, 1100 +/- H.P. Seats 5 without anyone in the bow. New: Turbo 400, 3 speed trans., 21% gears & 3 blade steel prop by Tom Bentley. Custom made for this motor - "water jacketed" headers by Paul Bassett. Adjustable cavitation plates, all the gauges including $400 Gaffrig GPS. Custom billet swim step on transom. Much, much more. Asking $59,500. Email me for additional information at: sierawst@sbcglobal.net
    (Everybody's) boat goes 100 mph so I'm not even going there! Thanks to all for looking! 1/21/06
    Mike
    :rollside: That boat was at Needles last year or the year before wasnt it??? I have a cool pic, I will post it... :rollside:
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...Finishline.JPG

Armed & Dangerous
    Thanks for the great picture!! We had a great time at Needles with everyone!!
    Regards,
    Mike

superdave013
    what am I looking at here? does that swim step move with the cav plates?

SGettmann
    Thats funny Superdave. Load the skier, then hit the override pedal to dump the skier.
    Nice looking boat. Combination of performance and kiddy safe. I may have to someday do that. Then again, kids - keep you're feet out of the bildge, - don't be touch'in the prob shaft. Oh, and keep your limbs and body off the headers, they leave really nice cherries. Heck, I grew up around race boats and learned quickly not to touch the headers. My dad had lots of burns on his legs from reading plugs after hard runs. listening to him through the experience, I figured out real quick that it wasn't fun.

superdave013
    well it looks like it has turn buckels going from the plates to the swim step to me. I'm not knocking it, just asking.
    But yeah, hit the down and it drops the swim step. Maybe it was so Ol' George could go for a swim and be able to get back in the boat.

My guess is the step is mounted very close to the top of the pillow blocks if not on them. You can see the end of the shaft under the step.

Riverkid
    Where did they build?

SGettmann
    Just looked at the rudder box on the trailer. That looks like a really tight fit. Any problems with dinging the prop when walking it on the trailer and have chop coming in and bouncing the boat on the trailer?
    This happened to me this past summer just after having Gibbs rework my prop. A tiny knick, but what a pisser, considering that Gibbs had done some nice work on my Menkens.
    Actually, that reminds me, I have three Menkens sitting on my book shelf that I need to send to him and have x-rayed and worked on. When I get my new motor back, it's time to test props with various pitches. :boxed:

Highlimit9000
    Dave, I had the same set-up on the Continental. This is how it works. The pillow blocks are also a Swim Step Bracket with bearings in them. one unit.. See Pic Below...
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...199Exhaust.JPG

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast