Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Al-Qaida nukes already in U.S. ?!?

Mandelon
    I know some of you guys have trouble reading more than four sentences, but this might be worth paying attention to.
    Al-Qaida nukes already in U.S.
    WASHINGTON – As London recovers from the latest deadly al-Qaida attack that killed at least 50, top U.S. government officials are contemplating what they consider to be an inevitable and much bigger assault on America – one likely to kill millions, destroy the economy and fundamentally alter the course of history, reports Joseph Farah's G2 Bulletin.
    According to captured al-Qaida leaders and documents, the plan is called the "American Hiroshima" and involves the multiple detonation of nuclear weapons already smuggled into the U.S. over the Mexican border with the help of the MS-13 street gang and other organized crime groups.
    Al-Qaida has obtained at least 40 nuclear weapons from the former Soviet Union – including suitcase nukes, nuclear mines, artillery shells and even some missile warheads. In addition, documents captured in Afghanistan show al-Qaida had plans to assemble its own nuclear weapons with fissile material it purchased on the black market.
    The plans for the devastating nuclear attack on the U.S. have been under development for more than a decade. It is designed as a final deadly blow of defeat to the U.S., which is seen by al-Qaida and its allies as "the Great Satan."
    According to Williams, former CIA Director George Tenet informed President Bush one month after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks that at least two suitcase nukes had reached al-Qaida operatives in the U.S. According to the author, the news sent Bush "through the roof," prompting him to order his national security team to give nuclear terrorism priority over every other threat to America.
    Bin Laden's goal, according to the book, is to kill at least 4 million Americans, 2 million of whom must be children. Only then, bin Laden has said, would the crimes committed by America on the Arab and Muslim world be avenged.
    There is virtually no doubt among intelligence analysts al-Qaida has obtained fully assembled nuclear weapons, according to Williams. The only question is how many. Estimates range between a dozen and 70. The breathtaking news is that an undetermined number of these weapons, including suitcase bombs, mines and crude tactical nuclear weapons, have already been smuggled into the U.S. – at least some across the U.S.-Mexico border.
    The future plan, according to captured al-Qaida agents and documents, suggests the attacks will take place simultaneously in major cities throughout the country – including New York, Boston, Washington, Las Vegas, Miami, Chicago and Los Angeles.
    Maybe ya can't believe everything you read, but you'd be foolish not to pay attention to some of it. Don't think they wouldn't do it if they have the opportunity More info: http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=46127

Phat Matt
    I believe it only because your hips don't lie.

dmontzsta
    Definitely scary stuff.

Kilrtoy
    very scary especially being in L.A. and possible

BajaMike
    This is total bullshit!
    First of all, "WorldNetDaily.com" is hardly a credible new source.
    Secondly, the idea of 70 "suitcase" bombs floating around the world is extremely far fetched....It is not ever been substanciated that even one "suitcase" bomb exists. If it did, the U.S. is probably the only country sophisticated enough to produce one, and we aren't selling them to terrorists.
    It takes a small atom bomb to set off a hydrogen bomb. It takes a lot of really sophisticated explosives to set off a atom bomb....very difficult to fit in a "suitcase".
    I say this article is bullshit (and over a year old, and no real media has picked up on it) and the guy is trying to sell books. :idea: :idea:
    Wait a minute...could an Internet story not be true??? Well, that's never happened on ***boat!
    :rollside:

Mandelon
    So the Al Qaeda plan is just made up by the author to sell books?
    There is no uranium or plutonium missing from Russia or Pakistan?
    Stuff can't be smuggled over the borders?
    There aren't thousands of wacky muslims all over the world trying to figure out how to kill as many Americans as possible?
    North Korea wouldn't be irresponsible with its newfound nuclear abilities?
    Whew. I thought for a moment that it could be plausible.

OGShocker
    very scary especially being in L.A. and possible
    Why do you think I am hangin' out in Australia..

Flyinbowtie
    While the deatils of the story might not be exactly correct, and the info may be a little dated, the goal of the enemy is clear, and hasn't changed.
    Couple that fact with;
    A dirty bomb could devastate a large American City, or worse depending on the target.
    The former Soviet Union has not exactly won any awards for record keeping on the location, configuration or amount of fissionable materials currently or previously in its possession, nor have they done a good job screening potential buyers, or controlling potential thievery amongst former military types.
    It appears that there are places along our southern border where you could drive an 18-wheeler full of just about anything, unimpeded by a fence, a boundry line, or even so much as a loss of a radio station signal right into this country without any sort of contact with anybody, let alone a Border Patrol/Homeland Security Detail.
    Far less than 10% of all shipping containers arriving in this country via our ports are searched.
    I don't really think that the enemy is looking to create a hydrogen bomb. It is possible, they certainly have the $ resources to do so, and they would love to get their hands on one, but they can devastate this country with radioactive fallout without doing so, and I think they are hell-bent upon achieving that goal.
    I think they work on it every single minute of every single day, with a tireless devotion to a cause, without concern about how longs it takes or how many people die in the effort to reach the goal.
    Meanwhile, many of our esteemed elected officials are so busy trying to line their own pockets, ensure their own re-election, pad their percieved historical legacy, block the efforts of their oppostion, point fingers at each other and try to make hay out of the most meaningless, absurd, and media-driven tripe that not a damn thing gets done in D.C. to care for, protect, and further the interests of this nation.
    What the hell has happened to the diginty, integrity, and character of the people serving in Congress, where is their sense of purpose?

BajaMike
    So the Al Qaeda plan is just made up by the author to sell books?
    There is no uranium or plutonium missing from Russia or Pakistan?
    Stuff can't be smuggled over the borders?
    There aren't thousands of wacky muslims all over the world trying to figure out how to kill as many Americans as possible?
    North Korea wouldn't be irresponsible with its newfound nuclear abilities?
    Whew. I thought for a moment that it could be plausible.
    Maybe it's wishfull thinking, but saying there are 70 small nukes floating around is far fetched (I hope).
    1. Going from "uranium or plutonium missing in Russia or Pakistan" is a far cry from a compact nuclear bomb.
    2. "Stuff can be smuggled over the borders", but there is still some debate if Pakistan and India really have "deliverable" nukes.
    3. "North Korea's recent nuke tests" are still debateable.....that may have been a failed nuke test. And going from underground nuke test to deliverable weapons (as Froggy pointed out in another tread) is very questionable.
    And, it is indisputeable that there are "thousands of wacky muslims all over the world trying to figure out how to kill as many Americans as possible?", but I think if there were 70 "suitcase bombs" already smuggled in America, they would have mushroomed one by now.
    But maybe I'm wrong (I hope not!).

BajaMike
    While the deatils of the story might not be exactly correct, and the info may be a little dated, the goal of the enemy is clear, and hasn't changed.
    Couple that fact with;
    A dirty bomb could devastate a large American City, or worse depending on the target.
    The former Soviet Union has not exactly won any awards for record keeping on the location, configuration or amount of fissionable materials currently or previously in its possession, nor have they done a good job screening potential buyers, or controlling potential thievery amongst former military types.
    It appears that there are places along our southern border where you could drive an 18-wheeler full of just about anything, unimpeded by a fence, a boundry line, or even so much as a loss of a radio station signal right into this country without any sort of contact with anybody, let alone a Border Patrol/Homeland Security Detail.
    Far less than 10% of all shipping containers arriving in this country via our ports are searched.
    I don't really think that the enemy is looking to create a hydrogen bomb. It is possible, they certainly have the $ resources to do so, and they would love to get their hands on one, but they can devastate this country with radioactive fallout without doing so, and I think they are hell-bent upon achieving that goal.
    Good point....a "dirty bomb" is far more likely, but it still involves driving around the country with tons of radiactive waiste, hopefully not an easy thing to do.
    :idea:

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast