Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Al-Qaida nukes already in U.S. ?!?

deltaAce
    The bombs don't need to be in suitcases. It's posible that terrorists have rented
    houses & apartments in the targeted areas. They go to jobs everyday & perfect
    the explosive devices at night. We havent had any attacks since 9-11 because
    they want the heat to die down while they impliment the next big attack. I do
    believe we have to be ever vigilant in preventing terrorists from attacking
    within our country but I don't think they will be using airplanes again. That seems to be where our focus is.

moneypit
    Isnt there a forum for this stuff? I saw a smuggling plums today.

78Eliminator
    Well, shit, we all have to go some time................

CARLSON-JET
    I wonder how this would effect the realestate market? :rollside:

SHOTKALLIN
    if this were to happen the entire middle east would be turned into one big piece of glass. No victory for Al Queda. Not that they care?

SmokinLowriderSS
    It doesn't take a LOT of HE (high explosive) to detonate a nucleaar bomb. All you do is drive 2 below-critical mass parts together, HARD. A couple pounds of C-4 would be plenty shaped properly. To make a thermo-nuke (H-bomb) is harder, but that is only because of the need to inject (with very perfect timing) Tritium (H3) into the middle of the mess. A "suitcase" is currently VERY possible. :skull:
    Whether 70 or so is possible, is a far different debatable point. :argue:
    A "dirty" bomb does not require "tons" of radioactive material. A few POUNDS of things like Strontium 90, salvaged/scavenged from x-ray equip and other sources (or enriched uranium powder) would be enough to poison Manhattan, for a few centuries. You just strap it to some Semtex (or other HE) and set it off. Terrorists from the middle east have PLENTY of Semtex laying arround. :skull:
    Well back in the 90's, Al Queda was trying to get (and got) information on how to build a nuke from the same source the Pakistanis did, the Iranians did, the Iraqis did, the Lybians did, and god knows how many others. A scientist, A. Q. Kahn, head of the largest nuke-proliferation ring in the world. Just caught a Discovery Chanell story on him this afternoon. :cry:

RitcheyRch
    Scary stuff. Only a matter of time before they try to attack us again.

SmokinLowriderSS
    Scary stuff. Only a matter of time before they try to attack us again.
    Yea, and idiots like the ACLU want us to only ask known, proven, hard-core, terrorists NICELY if they will tell us anything, if they'd be soooo kind as to spill the beans on the next bomb plot.
    I hope every day we catch the next one before it goes off, and we have, a couple of times (which of course are actually "govt plans, fakes, to make us THINK they are here" (gawd the stupidity!!!)) Sooner or later, we won't. The terrorists have time, and timing on their side, vigilance is a LOT harder to maintain.

jimslade
    if this were to happen the entire middle east would be turned into one big piece of glass. No victory for Al Queda. Not that they care? I agree. Any nuclear capability would first be used in the middle east. For a bunch of uneducated turbin heads to detonate a nuclear weapon.They would need a pool of scientists for help. Look at Korea, they still have not succesfully detonated a nuclear weapon!

axkiker
    remember the ole saying. " be very wary of a man who has alot of free time" These dopes have lots of free time and a cause which they dont mind dying for. Eventually something bad will happen. Wether its on the scale that this article predicted only time will tell.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast