Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 11 tooth sprocket vs. 18 tooth sprocket

dmontzsta
    I need to buy a steering sprocket and was wondering which one to get. Which do you guys prefer? Thanks.

dmontzsta
    Bump. I have been told the 18 tooth would provide quicker steering, since it is bringing more around with it. But I do not know if there is an advantage over the 11 tooth?

dossangers
    If your going to play around and not do pin turns the 11 is fine ill give you one. But if you want to go hard in the turns 18 is the way to go. Its easier to spin out if you overcorrect!!

dmontzsta
    If your going to play around and not do pin turns the 11 is fine ill give you one. But if you want to go hard in the turns 18 is the way to go. Its easier to spin out if you overcorrect!!
    Thanks Wayne. This makes alot of sense now, I kind of had an idea, but wanted reassurance. It is a tough call to make. I am going to take it easy at first, but need to work my way up to the hard turns. I guess I will go with the 18 and just get used to it. Atleast it will turn a little easier.
    BTW: I am just waiting for my bro in law to swing by with his cash, then I will send you the shirt order!
    ttyl.

superdave013
    why not go in the middle and use a 15 or so?

dmontzsta
    Good question.
    Mikey doesnt carry a 15, I am just going by what is on his site. I was just about to purchase all the stuff to finish converting from double calgo to a traditional pulley set up. http://www.rexmar.com/page140.html

good question dave. the difference between 11 and 18 is'nt huge in feel but is considerable racing on single pin turns. nobody seems to stock anything other than 11 & 18 but you should be able to get like a 14 or 15 from a bearing supply like motion ind.

I can get any number of teeth you decide you want. We just stock 11 and 18 as they're what most people have historically used. Too many choices is sometime just more confusing, kind of like a menu at a Mexican resturant.
    They're readily available just let me know if you need assistance.

Dave Sammons
    We just stock 11 and 18 as they're what most people have historically used. Too many choices is sometime just more confusing, kind of like a menu at a Mexican resturant.
    Don, Like Wayne said, I'd recco the 18t for your application.
    On the mexican food deal...Isn't it ALL just beans, cheese, rice and tortillas with beef, chicken or pork???

Don, Like Wayne said, I'd recco the 18t for your application.
    On the mexican food deal...Isn't it ALL just beans, cheese, rice and tortillas with beef, chicken or pork???
    That's true. It's all the different combo packaging that just confuses me all to hell. Kind of like putting all the parts for a vdrive boat in kit form. Just browse through these 35908 possible combinations and place your order, lol.
    Just list the tacos, enchaladas, beanos, yada yada and I'll order how many I want of each...
    Ok this went way off topic and I'm feeling gas just reading it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast