Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I need to store a few engine blocks outside.

dmontzsta
    I was going to wrap them with some pallet wrap and set them on wood, then cover them. They will be on the side of my shed. Any other tips to storing them? they are not in extreme temperatures. Probably 45 degrees in the cold of winter and 110 degrees in the hot of summer.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    Soak them in WD-40 and wrap them in plastic at least twice. Un wrap and check them after every rain. If they're sentra motors just throw them in the dumpster.

dmontzsta
    Soak them in WD-40 and wrap them in plastic at least twice. Un wrap and check them after every rain. If they're sentra motors just throw them in the dumpster.
    Two 460 blocks and 2 MAXIMA V6 block.

HOSS
    Since Katrina there is a high demand on soup cans. Recycle the Maxima motors so New Orleanians can eat. Help with Katrina relief efforts.

MikeF
    How about some large trashcans with lids and heavily fogged w/wd40. Might be able to put one of each in one can (nissan block on bottom of course ).

dmontzsta
    The trash can deal sounds good, but it would have to be a big can. The Nissan motors are just about as big as the 460, so that would be 4 big trash cans. It sounds like a good idea, but I dont know if I can find cans that big.
    Hoss, why dont you donate that pussy sea doo and your good for nothing jetboat? I am sure they can make some good cans, out of those things hanging off the back.

jkh04200
    I'd forget the wd-40. That stuff evaporates to fast. I'd use a good corrosion spray. You can get it about anywhere. This stuff is real thick and will last along time. Then wrapit in plastic. Just my .02

mrgoslow
    LPS # 3 is the tits for stuff like that

Liberator TJ1984
    LPS3
    WD40 will evaporate , 90wt applied by brush will also work

victorfb
    WD40 is a solvent more than a lubricant. and as stated it will evaporate quikly. an oil soaked rag and wipe it down as much as you can should work fine. if you are willing to part with one of the 460 blocks, i saw that "roostwear" was looking for one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast