Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: chris straub sent me a flat cam

mrgoslow
    or should i say a cam with a flat torque curve. you've seen staub's work before (steelcomp used one in his nasty 468) and i just have to pay him the compliment. when we discussed the cam, i told chris exactly what i had (flow #'s , setup, etc) and what i wanted to do. the goal for my jetboat was to pull a taller impellar at around 6000 rpms with a flat torque curve. id say its a torque plateau! im very happy with the results considering its a 9.6 to 1 motor on 93 octane with no port work done to the heads (canfield 310's)

Taylorman
    That an amazing torque and hp curve.

mrgoslow
    thanks, i thought so too. oughta make the 19' accellerate with an "a+" and a dps pre loader

mrslowgo,
    Thanks. . .but. . .even I can't do what that dyno sheet is saying. Something is wrong with the absorber on that Superflow. To vary only 8#/ft of torque over 3800 rpm is next to impossible. I would suggest the engine builder check the calibration and then test a known engine and see what the power is.
    Now for the title of your thread. . . .I was like WTF!!!! Somewhere in those number we got some legit stuff, but at this point I don't know what.

Liberator TJ1984
    Way to go Scott/Chris !
    Amazing how the torque And HP peak almost exactly where you wanted
    Now if I could just quit spending money on my Katana Project and order mine

mrgoslow
    mrslowgo,
    Thanks. . .but. . .even I can't do what that dyno sheet is saying. Something is wrong with the absorber on that Superflow. To vary only 8#/ft of torque over 3800 rpm is next to impossible. I would suggest the engine builder check the calibration and then test a known engine and see what the power is.
    Now for the title of your thread. . . .I was like WTF!!!! Somewhere in those number we got some legit stuff, but at this point I don't know what.
    ding ding ding!!! your correct but i was wondering why there was a lack of replies after posting. i guess its too far out there. anywho will re-post later but the real test will be on the water. btw, engine idles around 780 with very nice tone, is very responsive and will more than accomplish the goal at hand.

Beer-30
    The HP is amazingly consistant at 10 HP per 100 RPM. What a trip.

ding ding ding!!! your correct but i was wondering why there was a lack of replies after posting. i guess its too far out there. anywho will re-post later but the real test will be on the water. btw, engine idles around 780 with very nice tone, is very responsive and will more than accomplish the goal at hand.
    Are you going to dyno it again or are you going to WATER dyno it? Idles at 780, good. Throttle response is good to. . .that's key. Is the tone different then what you or the engine builder have heard before?

I have a cam from Chris sitting here too waiting to be installed... i cant wait to see the results!

blowngas
    nice to see you stepping up Scott-----who did the dyno??----Randy??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast