Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: chris straub sent me a flat cam

Squirtin Thunder
    I heard Chis has a problem hitting projected HP #s. It seems from all the postings he is continually off. I just don't know how you guys stand for more power than you pay for. Just baffling.
    Good job Chris !!!
    I am looking forward to my turn.

sanger rat
    A Berkeley AB would put you right at 6000 rpm's.

steelcomp
    Can't tell if you're joking here or not, Chris, but this was my first impression. Impressive numbers, but???? :idea:
    AFA the title...I was about to do some serious ripping, here. :crossx: Don't be messin' with m' man Chris! mrslowgo,
    Thanks. . .but. . .even I can't do what that dyno sheet is saying. Something is wrong with the absorber on that Superflow. To vary only 8#/ft of torque over 3800 rpm is next to impossible. I would suggest the engine builder check the calibration and then test a known engine and see what the power is.
    Now for the title of your thread. . . .I was like WTF!!!! Somewhere in those number we got some legit stuff, but at this point I don't know what.

Panic Button
    I have one of Chris' cams in my 540 for my Velocity, all I can say is WOW!!!

I have one of Chris' cams in my 540 for my Velocity, all I can say is WOW!!!
    PB,
    Never heard from you so I wondered how that 540 ran. How is the idle?. . .the throttle response? Glad your happy with it.
    Chris

mrgoslow
    nice to see you stepping up Scott-----who did the dyno??----Randy??
    yes, randy curtis re-checked clearances, assembled and tuned this one.
    chris, the mill is still at his shop. undecided on more dyno time. already has 18 pulls in tuning/testing w & w/o phenolic spacer, timing and jets. one things for sure, its thirsty. i guess its the additional 80 ci.

mrgoslow
    Can't tell if you're joking here or not, Chris, but this was my first impression. Impressive numbers, but???? :idea:
    AFA the title...I was about to do some serious ripping, here. :crossx: Don't be messin' with m' man Chris!
    steel, just looking for a catchy title. straubs cam seems to have done exactly what i asked for. this isnt a high compression, completely nutted out 7500 rpm mill makin 800hp but that was never my intention. just looking to cruise the lake and occasionally suprise the shit out of someone in my covered engine v bottom.
    if ANYONE is looking to recam, repower, upgrade or whatever it will be worth your time to talk with chris straub (cstraub69). ill discuss again when it hits the water.

steelcomp
    steel, just looking for a catchy title. straubs cam seems to have done exactly what i asked for. this isnt a high compression, completely nutted out 7500 rpm mill makin 800hp but that was never my intention. just looking to cruise the lake and occasionally suprise the shit out of someone in my covered engine v bottom.
    if ANYONE is looking to recam, repower, upgrade or whatever it will be worth your time to talk with chris straub (cstraub69). ill discuss again when it hits the water.
    Oh, I know you were only kidding...once I read the thread. Sounds like you have a great combination. I sold a set of 990's that I had on my 467 to a friend who's putting them on a 509 with 10:1, and a single 850. We had them flowed, and gave the info to Chris. He's going with a solid flat, and it should make good power. Much like yours. We'll definately share those results as well.

mrgoslow
    mrslowgo,
    Thanks. . .but. . .even I can't do what that dyno sheet is saying. Something is wrong with the absorber on that Superflow. To vary only 8#/ft of torque over 3800 rpm is next to impossible. I would suggest the engine builder check the calibration and then test a known engine and see what the power is.
    Now for the title of your thread. . . .I was like WTF!!!! Somewhere in those number we got some legit stuff, but at this point I don't know what.
    well chris i dont know what to say. builder has used dyno on two different mils since mine. one new and one refresh that had previously been on his dyno and both had more "typical" torque curves. mine actually was on the dyno for more than one day while he played with it during spare time and he said #'s are good.
    btw, he said he has built 1 other engine with a t curve similiar to mine, it was a round track motor which was to be a 302 but after heads done and cam chosen owner decided to build 347 instead. oddly enough owner was extremely pleased because of its predictability (uniform torque).
    i hope you dont call bullshit cause in my little world its a done deal! anywho only the water will tell!

Liberator TJ1984
    {Quote :anywho only the water will tell!}
    Not untill you get busy and fix that stringer :cry: :cry: :cry:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast