Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: fireworks convention in havi

a catered life
    i know is the weekend of feb 17-19 we booked a room last night but since we have never stayed in havi i hope we booked a cool spot (hampton inn) comments please and how far is the sara park place from where i'm staying?

Todd969
    The Hampton is a nice place. You'll be about 5-6 miles north of Sara park.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
    It's OK but I would stay in the new section of the nautical or queens bay condos, thomson bay view of course!

BoatPI
    Last year for the first time fireworks were NOT launched over Thompson Bay.
    Needless to say this was a huge disapointment for everyone. Most of us did not learn of this until a few days before the event. So does anyone have accurate info as to this years event??

Bad Puddy Tat
    Last year for the first time fireworks were NOT launched over Thompson Bay.
    Needless to say this was a huge disapointment for everyone. Most of us did not learn of this until a few days before the event. So does anyone have accurate info as to this years event??
    Don't know what info you are looking for... the event will be held at Sara Park. My Kid's swim team are working the snack shack for a fundraiser so please come hungry

Keith E. Sayre
    While it is disappointing that we don't get to watch the show from the boats,
    it's actually better at the park. Lots of folks take their motorhomes up there
    and they have the grandstands with lots of food vendors. the best part is
    that they shoot the fireworks less than 100 yards from the bleachers and you
    are right on top of the noise and the explosions. These explosions are set to
    go off at less altitude than normal which makes it even more exciting. Some
    of the explosions are so close that you actually feel the heat from them.
    It's fun up there.
    Keith Sayre

BoatPI
    Actually we enjoyed watching it from our balcony as I can see all of the bay and the point. So much for a party...

LHC30Victory
    Keith, do they sell admission or is it free???
    If admission, how to get the best seating?

raff
    i know is the weekend of feb 17-19 we booked a room last night but since we have never stayed in havi i hope we booked a cool spot (hampton inn) comments please and how far is the sara park place from where i'm staying?
    cool we will be there too. when are you heading out. Give me call on the cell.
    BTW are you bringing the boat? I have a sev. appt. that week end so if it get done by the after noon and it half way warm will take it out
    Mark Out

RiverRatMike
    it's a awesome show and will be taking my trailer and cooking tacos in the parking lot that night. This will be my 3rd time being there. Can't wait!
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...63P1010571.JPG

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast