Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Berk Intake bolt torque....?

HotDogz
    How much torque should I use on the intake bolts. (intake install)
    Cannot locate my berk manual PDF. Need help

YeLLowBoaT
    I want to say its 25 ftlbs and 50 ftlbs on the bowl bolts...
    heres a link to a man..
    http://www.americanturbine.com/downl..._oh_manual.pdf

HotDogz
    Thanks YB for the PDF, mine did not have pics.
    Have not been able to find any documentation for installing an intake. Least not bolt torque specs.
    Onward...

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    I do them like an intake manifold. I start in the midle and work out. Do one right one left and so on. I just snug them up good. Dont forget to use anti sieze............

OverKill
    Hey I have the same thing comeing up. There has to be a torque spec for intake and bowl bolts. Anybody have the numbers????

Along these lines, does anyone use silicone or some other sealant on the intake gasket, or just dry? I'll be bolting the pump in and I'd hate to have to pull it out again because of a leak.

wright27
    Along these lines, does anyone use silicone or some other sealant on the intake gasket, or just dry? I'll be bolting the pump in and I'd hate to have to pull it out again because of a leak.
    Jack at MPD did my pump last year. When I picked it up he told me to use a thin bead of gasket sealer. Worked great.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    You can use a very thin coat if you like. I have used silicone and done them dry. They both have worked for me. No leaks. Just make sure that you recheck after the second lake trip. They will need retightened

Moneypitt
    Bolt torque is just that, bolt torque. It makes no difference where that bolt is being used, the torque value is based on the size and grade of the bolt. Torque is based on stretch and thread engagment (friction), these numbers can and do change based on any lubricant used. The hi tech main and head studs have instructions with them, as do head stud/bolts. These instructions are based on bolt stretch and tensile strength. Any time there is a question about torque of a particular part/piece of an assembly, the BOLT is the deciding factor. Several suppliers have torque spec sheets based solely on the bolt, the deciding factor in the end...............MP

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Bolt torque is just that, bolt torque. It makes no difference where that bolt is being used, the torque value is based on the size and grade of the bolt. Torque is based on stretch and thread engagment (friction), these numbers can and do change based on any lubricant used. The hi tech main and head studs have instructions with them, as do head stud/bolts. These instructions are based on bolt stretch and tensile strength. Any time there is a question about torque of a particular part/piece of an assembly, the BOLT is the deciding factor. Several suppliers have torque spec sheets based solely on the bolt, the deciding factor in the end...............MP
    Damn MP, why you gotta get all technical and schit You might loose a few peeps with that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast