Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Moving to Georgia

Back To Havasu
    Thanks everyone for the kind words of congrats. Yes, Jbb, I am speaking of Lake Allatoona, and it is the lake that is just minutes from my new home. Oh, and by the way, I love noisy boats, the louder the better. I'll have to go check out the other lakes everyone mentioned. Sounds awesome not to have 5 hour drives to havi or Vegas, (although I love both havi & mead).

jbtrailerjim
    Thanks everyone for the kind words of congrats. Yes, Jbb, I am speaking of Lake Allatoona, and it is the lake that is just minutes from my new home. Oh, and by the way, I love noisy boats, the louder the better. I'll have to go check out the other lakes everyone mentioned. Sounds awesome not to have 5 hour drives to havi or Vegas, (although I love both havi & mead).
    I'm so fricken jealous of the fact that you have a nice big lake 10 minutes from your house. The 5 hour drive too and from Havi does suck!
    Good luck to you and the wife.

CHEETAH24
    Congrats and good luck..ps. can you take about 10.000 people with ya??

RiverOtter
    Well peeps, the wife and I are moving to Georgia. After living here in Cali all our lives, we started visiting Georgia when my wife's daughter and son and their spouses moved there. We loved it, and took the equity from our Corona home and paid cash for a 4,500 sq. ft. home there, ten minutes from a Havasu sized lake in a wooded area. It's a little scary to leave what we know behind, but Acworth, Georgia (45 miles NW of Atlanta) seems like a boater's paradise, (humidity and all). Take care all, and will be lurking on the boards from Georgia from now on, ya'll...BTH.
    You'll have to trailer your boat up the Chattanooga. Miles and miles of lakes / river and very few boats.

cc322
    Congrats and please send some peaches :rollside:

Old Texan
    Great place to live. We lived on the NE side for 7 years before returning to TX. Really miss Lanier. Lanier's pretty much full pool year round. Lots of coves and islands, deep lake with few obstructions. Great place to go fast....Alatoona is great in the summer. Hartwell, Keowee, Chattanooga, and more easily within couple hours.
    Cocktaill Cove at Lanier Islands is the place to be in the summer. Checkout Cocktail Cove.com http://www.cocktailcove.com/
    and hook up with "Freddie" the mayor at the Cove. Freddie runs a Miami Vice Scarab duplicate. The "Abyss" is an 80' houseboat with a constant party going on the weekends attracting a "crowd". Cove generally has 500 plus boats on the weekend with plenty of everything.
    Good luck and have fun....

OCMerrill
    If it were me I would stay away from that cove and its website. :yuk: :rollside: J/k...good luck with the move. Your braver than I.
    I am sure its not what it looks like......
    http://www.cocktailcove.com/modules/...uly0906091.jpg
    http://www.cocktailcove.com/modules/...uly0906091.jpg Great place to live. We lived on the NE side for 7 years before returning to TX. Really miss Lanier. Lanier's pretty much full pool year round. Lots of coves and islands, deep lake with few obstructions. Great place to go fast....Alatoona is great in the summer. Hartwell, Keowee, Chattanooga, and more easily within couple hours.
    Cocktaill Cove at Lanier Islands is the place to be in the summer. Checkout Cocktail Cove.com http://www.cocktailcove.com/
    and hook up with "Freddie" the mayor at the Cove. Freddie runs a Miami Vice Scarab duplicate. The "Abyss" is an 80' houseboat with a constant party going on the weekends attracting a "crowd". Cove generally has 500 plus boats on the weekend with plenty of everything.
    Good luck and have fun....

shueman
    Props to ya.....glad you make it out...

Some Kind Of Monster
    Jocassee, Keowee, Toxoway, Chickamunga, Chattanooga,
    I'll stay out west where we can pernounce all our lakes :rollside:

riverroyal
    we almost bought on lake allatoona,then lake lanier,I hate to say it,but those lakes make havasu seem silly.Plus 500k get a very nice house on the lake or less than 1 mile away

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast