Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Challengers and Southwinds

BigBlockBaja
    How much different is a Challenger 18' bottom different from a Southwind 18' ?
    Only reason I'm asking is in the Show Your Jets thread, Allot of the southwinds sit higher than mine sits, and I got less interior....
    Any ideas?

Brooski
    Should be close to the same. I believe the Challenger is a splash of the Southwind

BigBlockBaja
    Should be close to the same. I believe the Challenger is a splash of the Southwind
    Thats what I thought..Thats why I pm'd ya...let me put my challenger and your southwind together, that is a southwind, right?

Brooski
    Yes, it is. Yeah, post a pic of your boat'

BigBlockBaja
    Here is Brooski's 78 Southwind. Note how much freeboard he has..
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...-12-05_004.jpg
    Here is my 79 Challenger, granted it has 4 people in it, but it always sits this low.....
    http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/8559/pict00023zw.jpg
    Sorry about the interior, Just got the boat in the water late this summer....
    Only differences I see is I got a bbf and brooski got a bbc....
    Thoughts?

Brooski
    Yup, there is a big difference in how the boats sit in the water. Mine sits alot higher. I dont think there is that big of a weight difference between the Ford and the Chevy.

You don't think it could be the four boaters inside the boat that is making it appear to sit lower. lol

BigBlockBaja
    You don't think it could be the four boaters inside the boat that is making it appear to sit lower. lol
    It always sits that low..... No shit..... :rollside:

wright27
    I have a southwind and a challenger sitting side by side in my garage. They have alot of differences.

BigBlockBaja
    I have a southwind and a challenger sitting side by side in my garage. They have alot of differences.
    Can ya post some pics?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast