Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Engine compartment appearance/ coatings?

SoCalSouthpaw
    I have an opportunity to go through my engine compartment - motor seized. My engine compartment is that grey painted fiberglass with some black paint splattered throughout the space. Anyone have any ideas on updating its appearance? I know I could probably paint it but Im wondering if there are any other options someone might know of. Thanks.

seanv
    white gelcoat with splater of the color on your boat. or plain white and let the motor be the contrast.

BADBLOWN572
    If I recall, Whipped565 had his engine compartment Rhino Lined. Looked pretty good.

superdave013
    If I recall, Whipped565 had his engine compartment Rhino Lined. Looked pretty good.
    hard to clean. Keep it slick so it wipes down easy.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
    If you have a spare 40 hours of time, I would sand it down smooth and white gelcoat it.....
    Really easy to clean-up.....
    I wish I would have........
    Although the 40 hours I spent re-rigging my engine compartment was well spent....
    Later,
    CJG

phebus
    The product you want to use is Duratec. It can sprayed, or applied with a roller. It is self leveling, and you will end up with a nice glossy finish, that cleans up nicely.

welk2party
    The product you want to use is Duratec. It can sprayed, or applied with a roller. It is self leveling, and you will end up with a nice glossy finish, that cleans up nicely.
    Where can you find this product?

phebus
    Any shop that sells fiberglass/resin products sells it. It's what E-Ticket, and if I had to guess, DCB uses in it's bilges. It cures exposed to air, unlike gel coat which you would either have to add styrene to, or spray PVA over. I will post some links in the morning to places you can buy it.

phebus
    Had time now, so here you go, here's one:
    http://www.crystaliner.com/

3 daytona`s
    I have an opportunity to go through my engine compartment - motor seized. My engine compartment is that grey painted fiberglass with some black paint splattered throughout the space. Anyone have any ideas on updating its appearance? I know I could probably paint it but Im wondering if there are any other options someone might know of. Thanks.
    May be way off base,but here it is.The shop here The Boat Guys in Mohave Valley have been doing every new or re-do with LINE X I was not sold on it originally,but NO MAINTENCE. Can get what ever color you want. If this is going to be a long term own thing, just a thought. Good Luck

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast