Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rotten topic....Child Support

Water Romper
    Quick question,
    When the issue about child support comes into play in CALIFORNIA courts,do the courts consider the ex-wife's new husbands income in the "disso-master" (sp?)
    She wants even more money from me and I am already on the brink of financial doom...she mairred a pretty wealthy guy, quit her job and and is now the "Country Club Queen"
    How screwed am I? :cry: :cry:

RitcheyRch
    I have been told "no" by my attorney. You are still responsible for your children. This came up in my court hearing since the ex-wife has a boyfriend living with her.
    Quick question,
    When the issue about child support comes into play in CALIFORNIA courts,do the courts consider the ex-wife's new husbands income in the "disso-master" (sp?)
    She wants even more money from me and I am already on the brink of financial doom...she mairred a pretty wealthy guy, quit her job and and is now the "Country Club Queen"

Cole Trickle
    Quick question,
    I think they take both of there incomes into consideration.
    You might check with an attorney that specializes in this.
    I believe in supporting your kids but I would be pissed if I worked 50hr weeks and gave half of my paycheck up so the Ex could stay home and not spend 100% of my money on the kids.

Cole Trickle
    I have been told "no" by my attorney. You are still responsible for your children. This came up in my court hearing since the ex-wife has a boyfriend living with her.
    I could be a 100% wrong but I think they look at it different for husbands/Boyfriends

Water Romper
    I think they take both of there incomes into consideration.
    You might check with an attorney that specializes in this.
    I believe in supporting your kids but I would be pissed if I worked 50hr weeks and gave half of my paycheck up so the Ex could stay home and not spend 100% of my money on the kids.
    I agree 100%, my son is my life but she just wants more and more. I can only give so much. I don't expect her new husband to pay a thing for my son except a roof over his head and to be treated well however she continues to harrass me at work etc and it just get my blood boiling. I can't afford court costs and any more come out of my check and I am done.
    You folks ever wonder what you saw in an ex...I absolutly hate her guts. :yuk:

topless
    They do not take the spouses income into consideration. They take hers only. Good luck on this one.

RitcheyRch
    All I know is my attorney told me it doesnt matter. They dont take it into consideration for child support but do for spousal support.
    I could be a 100% wrong but I think they look at it different for husbands/Boyfriends

shagmebabe
    Quick question,
    Your screwed. It dosnt matter what new hubbie makes, there your kids. My ex married a 6 figure guy and I still paid $750.00 for each kid. and .... you cant claim them on your tax's

Cole Trickle
    They do not take the spouses income into consideration. They take hers only. Good luck on this one.
    Thanks for clearing that up.
    So if the ex marries some new rich sucker and drives around in her new 100K Benz drinking mochchinos on the way to her daily gym/massage session they don't take that into consideration?
    They would throw your 50K salary and her 0K salary on the table and make you pay accordingly?
    CA sucks the big weenie!!!

Water Romper
    Your screwed. It dosnt matter what new hubbie makes, there your kids. My ex married a 6 figure guy and I still paid $750.00 for each kid. and .... you cant claim them on your tax's
    *sigh*
    I just can't win.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast