Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rotten topic....Child Support

Moneypitt
    You can ask, through your lawyer, for an itemized list of expenses incured for your kid's(s) support. Some judges will grant such a motion, some won't, but in cases where the spouse is well off a judge will sometime see through all the BS and order an amount of support that is fair to BOTH sides. You are required to support your children, as you are willing to do, but that support should not be used to put the wife/husband on easy street. Another thing is the IRS and who gets to claim the dependants. By law, if your support payments are 50% or more of the cost involved, then you get to claim them on your taxes. This is a real good reason to request the itemized expenses, for tax purposes. Also, make sure the payments are up to date before you ask for any type of changes to be made. You can hope, but don't count on any help from the judge unless, and until, you can show some sort of underhanded actions by your ex.........The actual cost of the childrens support is very important when the spouse has re married, etc etc.....MP

Cole Trickle
    *sigh*
    I just can't win.
    Marry a rich women and stop working :crossx:

Jyruiz
    Marry a rich women and stop working :crossx:
    He might have to find a 15-20 year older woman, but it is worth the sacrifice.

Kilrtoy
    NOOOOOOOOOO
    your screwed

topless
    Thanks for clearing that up.
    So if the ex marries some new rich sucker and drives around in her new 100K Benz drinking mochchinos on the way to her daily gym/massage session they don't take that into consideration?
    They would throw your 50K salary and her 0K salary on the table and make you pay accordingly?
    CA sucks the big weenie!!!True and now that she doesn't work he might get screwed.

Tremor Therapy
    Having been one of those "guys that the ex married" I can tell you they did not ask me for a thing. Now if your case is presented in the proper manner:
    1) the judge might take into account whether she had worked in the past to support herself and the child prior to getting re-married (exactly what Forensic stated)
    2) and that if she does not work now, where does the "means for her support" come from
    3) and if your lucky the judge might decline her request
    I only know because I saw my wifes ex try to reduce child support on 3 occassions (he only paid $500 total for 2 kids). But take solice in that the court has to take your expenses into account as well. Good luck!

seanv
    wow cali is as bad as az is. i wish you tons of luck. i was lucky stuck to my "yes ma'am no ma'am and she saw thru my ex's scheme. i feel i was treated very fair by the court. still hurts but ya gotta do it.

AZJD
    Az is easier on child support than Cali...... It is based on both parents income, and amount of days child is with non-primary care providing parent! California is a little higher and I don't know the reason for that.
    As far as paying 750.00 per kid..........you must have had a high income compared to a low or non-existant income from her! Or you had a lousy attourney!
    I think that a couple hundred bucks is a small price to pay considering the amont of time and effort it takes to raise them and lets face it, most of us Dad's aren't doing but 20% of the child raising! Just my .02

seanv
    Az is easier on child support than Cali...... It is based on both parents income, and amount of days child is with non-primary care providing parent! California is a little higher and I don't know the reason for that.
    As far as paying 750.00 per kid..........you must have had a high income compared to a low or non-existant income from her! Or you had a lousy attourney!
    I think that a couple hundred bucks is a small price to pay considering the amont of time and effort it takes to raise them and lets face it, most of us Dad's aren't doing but 20% of the child raising! Just my .02
    20%....IF WERE LUCKY. but hey, we get 100% of the blaim when it goes south...
    and i was lucky to settle in arbitration and not hit the courts. i still recomend a GOOD attorney.

WYRD
    Thanks for clearing that up.
    So if the ex marries some new rich sucker and drives around in her new 100K Benz drinking mochchinos on the way to her daily gym/massage session they don't take that into consideration?
    They would throw your 50K salary and her 0K salary on the table and make you pay accordingly?
    CA sucks the big weenie!!!
    It is very rare to consider the spouses income, in dramatic cases they will consider it, but she would have to marry donald trump to make it a dramatic case............
    I have been through two child custody suits with both my divorces, in both cases the new husband and the new boyfriend make a great income and combined with my ex's the total combined household income exceeds mine, yet I am still paying support................................gotta love FUKUFORNIA :crossx:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast