Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wher to buy rentals now?

FREIND OF AA AND TA
    I have not asked in a while and have not gotten any good tips. Where is the market rock bottom? What towns are at the beginning of their boom?
    Dont say Havasu either, those prices have a lot more to go.
    Any of these places near water or snow?

lalhc
    Hey Mike, a couple buddies of mine have been buying property in the San Antonio & Houston areas near college towns that are providing positive cash flows.

Havasu1986
    A guy at work is going to Lake Travis area outside Austin Texas in a few weeks to look at retireing their.

Nautitwins2
    I have not asked in a while and have not gotten any good tips. Where is the market rock bottom? What towns are at the beginning of their boom?
    Dont say Havasu either, those prices have a lot more to go.
    Any of these places near water or snow?
    Started doing some research in Utah, near the lake. Tempe, AZ is working out, but you have to be in a Quad or bigger. SIngle family units will not be positive.

Mandelon
    Looking long term, as the baby boomers retire they will want to move to retirement towns. Somewhere warm, but near enough a big city to get good medical care. Pretty much anywhere in the southwest, AZ, New Mexico, Texas. And then folks who are priced out of florida in the surrounding states as well. Lots of growth in Colorado too.
    College towns/areas always need rentals, but they are rough on them. The repairs cost a fortune and wipe out much profits.
    Investors will be switching from Real Estate back to stocks for a while though, so don't expect big returns for a while.

NOTALENT
    NY. My partners just bought 2 rentals a piece with tenants still in them. The paid about 100K each give or take. Positive cash flow and the tenants have been there for years. This is where I will be buying soon. I believe it was Albany and Syracuse where they bought.

2Driver
    A guy at work is going to Lake Travis area outside Austin Texas in a few weeks to look at retireing their.
    That place is fantastic. See Lakeway area. Clear water, water front homes boat docks. Beats the crap out of LHC on a bad day.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
    Hey Mike, a couple buddies of mine have been buying property in the San Antonio & Houston areas near college towns that are providing positive cash flows.
    How is the Arrowhead market?

ChumpChange
    You talking Lake Arrowhead here in SoCal? Not sure with what you quoted. Have financed a few multiple unit residences up there as well as Crestline. Still takes a pretty good downpayment for decent cash flow but it can work.

NOTALENT
    I thought the value dropped a bit since they had that fire, but im not sure about that. I would love to buy there just for a vacation house. We had one with lake right, but sold it 4 years ago.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast