Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much

Kim Hanson
    is really toooooooo much, I can hit 130dcb in a 94 extended cab truck..at only 20 with volume! I want it to literally shake the fillings out of your teeth and make you cry like a baby...20-26 makes my headlights beat to the music :crossx: ...after that, I realized I need more amps, and some caps!
    I have read that huge power comes from mono amps, true or not? I am getting a 3500 watt amp in the am...........if work doesn't screw it up again with buying it :cry: Would 2 batterys and 2 caps power it enough that it won't screw up my lights and shit? At 26 right now my alt guage looks like a goddamn empty gas tank guage :220v: ......( . )( . )...........

Kim Hanson
    more is always better.. go for it kimmy don't be skeered
    Thats funny, on holidays the people we stayed with heard me way before they seen me :220v: I was just about kicked out of a Hotel for the music next to the fire pit and came home and just about kicked out of a campsite at 7pm Came actually home and was showing my old girls boyfriend that I can make the window really flex and my ( now don't like me ) neighbor came over and beat on my window to tell me he could feel the bass in his bedroom he is a 100 yards away :crossx: I will go bigger....way bigger !........( . )( . ).............

gochappy
    oh your that guy that we all hate that thinks he needs to bring the music for the whole beach...right?

Kim Hanson
    oh your that guy that we all hate that thinks he needs to bring the music for the whole beach...right?
    I bring it for myself and sometimes..okay... alot of the time alot more people hear it..it sucks to be them if they don't like bass, I LOVE BASS ........( . )( . )..........@ 130DCB'S you will feel it and hear it :220v: ............

thmper321
    Well the volt meter looking like an empty gas tank is not always batteries. Usually it is because the Alternator can't put enough current back into the batterey that is being pulled out by the amplifers. This causes a low voltage condition. If an amp has only 10 to 11 volts of input it will not make nearly as much power as when it sees a constant 14V. Go with an aftermarket alternator as well as upgrade the charge wire going from the alternator to the battery, say like 4awg to 1/0awg. Also use the same size ground cable from the battery to the frame. The amp grounds should go to the frame of the car also, not to the body of the car.
    Mono amps are good if pure sound is not what you are looking for. They create raw output with less current draw. The subs will determine how much power you truely need. Also stay away from amps that advertise max power. Always ask what the RMS power or continuous power of the amp is. Ask if the amp is CEA2006 approved.

Kim Hanson
    Well the volt meter looking like an empty gas tank is not always batteries. Usually it is because the Alternator can't put enough current back into the batterey that is being pulled out by the amplifers. This causes a low voltage condition. If an amp has only 10 to 11 volts of input it will not make nearly as much power as when it sees a constant 14V. Go with an aftermarket alternator as well as upgrade the charge wire going from the alternator to the battery, say like 4awg to 1/0awg. Also use the same size ground cable from the battery to the frame. The amp grounds should go to the frame of the car also, not to the body of the car.
    Mono amps are good if pure sound is not what you are looking for. They create raw output with less current draw. The subs will determine how much power you truely need. Also stay away from amps that advertise max power. Always ask what the RMS power or continuous power of the amp is. Ask if the amp is CEA2006 approved.
    I will try that stuff out and my Bronco does the same thing and it has a brand new alternator! I think I will try a couple caps with it also.....( . 0( . )......this is my lowriders stereo....late in the evening turn it up (http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...42CLIP0001.AVI)

thmper321
    Caps work ok but make sure you use a well known manufacturers cap. The rule of thumb used to be 1 Farad for every thousand watts but I would double it to two farads per thousand. The caps will work for quick hits but for long bass notes your voltage will still drop.
    I witnessed a Rockford 3000.1bd amp pull 400amps of current just to hit 3000 watts. The problem with that is there are not too many alternators out there that can supply that current. Look into Stinger Alternators. They have some at a decent price that can put out more current than a factory piece.
    Also check out Scosche or Odyssey batteries. They work amazingly well at supplying large amount of current with plenty of reserve. If you can fit a 2150 size then do that. They are not cheap but worth it.

Kim Hanson
    Caps work ok but make sure you use a well known manufacturers cap. The rule of thumb used to be 1 Farad for every thousand watts but I would double it to two farads per thousand. The caps will work for quick hits but for long bass notes your voltage will still drop.
    I witnessed a Rockford 3000.1bd amp pull 400amps of current just to hit 3000 watts. The problem with that is there are not too many alternators out there that can supply that current. Look into Stinger Alternators. They have some at a decent price that can put out more current than a factory piece.
    Also check out Scosche or Odyssey batteries. They work amazingly well at supplying large amount of current with plenty of reserve. If you can fit a 2150 size then do that. They are not cheap but worth it.
    I bought a Tsunami 1.2 cap after I got it installed and powered up, she still cut out so went back and looked and it basically said I need 1 for every 500 watts, I need way more of alternator and battery...Im a blinking light show at night.............( . )( . )............. :220v:

Cheap Thrills
    Kim,
    If you're refering to the Head ,Marker, Dash, Interior, head unit lights flashing like a "Light Show"
    I can tell you how to keep them from flashing and give your amps plenty of power.
    Isolate a couple of high current batteries. with a battery isolator and run all of your audio equiptment from them. Keep the main truck battery to run the truck with. Maybe run the head unit off the truck battery too since the current draw from the amps will make the lights in it flicker.
    Capasitors are a good bling factor nothing more.
    Spend your money on batteries ,high current Alt. and a Isolator and you'll be better off.
    Peace.
    C.T. :wink:

Kim Hanson
    Kim,
    If you're refering to the Head ,Marker, Dash, Interior, head unit lights flashing like a "Light Show"
    I can tell you how to keep them from flashing and give your amps plenty of power.
    Isolate a couple of high current batteries. with a battery isolator and run all of your audio equiptment from them. Keep the main truck battery to run the truck with. Maybe run the head unit off the truck battery too since the current draw from the amps will make the lights in it flicker.
    Capasitors are a good bling factor nothing more.
    Spend your money on batteries ,high current Alt. and a Isolator and you'll be better off.
    Peace.
    C.T. :wink:
    Im going to try next a 200 amp alternator and another yellow top battery...........( . )( . )...........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast