Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Car Pulled In front Of me on the way home

raff
    Rich,
    that sucks gald your home and ok.

Kilrtoy
    What is an 801? And why the F would they want to wait to cite anyone if they broke the F'ing law??

Its actually 21801 of the California Vehicle Code
    21801. (a) The driver of a vehicle intending to turn to the left or to complete a U-turn upon a highway, or to turn left into public or private property, or an alley, shall yield the right-of-way to all vehicles approaching from the opposite direction which are close enough to constitute a hazard at any time during the turning movement, and shall continue to yield the right-of-way to the approaching vehicles until the left turn or U-turn can be made with reasonable safety.
    (b) A driver having yielded as prescribed in subdivision (a), and having given a signal when and as required by this code, may turn left or complete a U-turn, and the drivers of vehicles approaching the intersection or the entrance to the property or alley from the opposite direction shall yield the right-of-way to the turning vehicle.

YeLLowBoaT
    You got too much time on you hands to have all the time -vs feet thing figured out..
    But, it is cool info to know. The BMW driver was obviously very lucky.
    How is remember something form one of many physics and dividing 40/88 ~ 4/9s having too much time on my hands?

GHT
    Three witnesses that I talked to, said the rear of my vehicle was in the air pretty good, they expected me to start rolling :yuk: got lucky I guess, turned toward the roll and it dropped back down
    I would attribute that to boat driving experience..

Kilrtoy
    How is remember something form one of many physics and dividing 40/88 ~ 4/9s having too much time on my hands?
    Its easier to do 1.666 times the speed
    1.666 x 60 MPH

bigq
    You guys crack me up. You talk like none of you has been in a rush and pushed through a light, or hit the gas instead of braking hard. comon

JetBoatRich
    I would attribute that to boat driving experience..
    that has to be it

GHT
    Its actually 21801 of the California Vehicle Code
    21801. (a) The driver of a vehicle intending to turn to the left or to complete a U-turn upon a highway, or to turn left into public or private property, or an alley, shall yield the right-of-way to all vehicles approaching from the opposite direction which are close enough to constitute a hazard at any time during the turning movement, and shall continue to yield the right-of-way to the approaching vehicles until the left turn or U-turn can be made with reasonable safety.
    (b) A driver having yielded as prescribed in subdivision (a), and having given a signal when and as required by this code, may turn left or complete a U-turn, and the drivers of vehicles approaching the intersection or the entrance to the property or alley from the opposite direction shall yield the right-of-way to the turning vehicle.
    All the shit you just said means only one thing to me......
    "Someone's getting a ticket" FO SHO!!!

GHT
    Didn't know that... What did you do, bump yo head to learn that?
    Somethins' just not right....

JetBoatRich
    What is an 801? And why the F would they want to wait to cite anyone if they broke the F'ing law??

I guess they feel someone has been through enough and will mail it to them, but one of the sheriff's said no way, save the people in the office some work

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast