Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Vizio 32" HD LCD TV any good?

TOBTEK
    picked up a 46in at costco today
    46"...... whata wussy! coulda bought our 50's so we can get the 72" LG plasma's

MOBrien
    I've got the 32" Vizio LCD in thebedroom and the pic is damn good for the price, but my first test was to throw in Matrix to watch the shooting spree. Picture status showed 540p and seemed a bit grainy.....shouldn't this be higher and screen clarity better on a 1080p HD set through a progressive scan DVD player? Does the screen resolution need to be selected or is it automatically selected? Can't find any way to change screen resolution in the menu......
    Any help?

Nord
    I am very glad you guys started this thread. I want to purchase one myself but want 1080p since I have a blue ray player. I have Direct TV but don't know if its HD or not. I refuse to pay any more than my current cable bill. I don't have to worry about turning the channel past 101 since I run it through my box.
    Any info here??
    How much is the 42 before the rebate??
    Thanks
    ~NORD~

Jyruiz
    I've got the 32" Vizio LCD in thebedroom and the pic is damn good for the price, but my first test was to throw in Matrix to watch the shooting spree. Picture status showed 540p and seemed a bit grainy.....shouldn't this be higher and screen clarity better on a 1080p HD set through a progressive scan DVD player? Does the screen resolution need to be selected or is it automatically selected? Can't find any way to change screen resolution in the menu......
    Any help?
    The better the feed, the better the picture quality will get. There are now DVD players that send the signal at 720p/1080i, even 1080p and will improve your picture. You have to remember, a DVD has 480 to 540 lines of resolution, and you are playing it on a TV that has 1080 lines of resolution, so the TV has to more than double those lines somtimes. The best quality DVD's (Superbitss) usually only have 500 lines of resolution, unless you go with an HD/BlueRay player.
    You can also try to purchase a calibration DVD and calibrate your display, this will give you a better picture as well. Some THX certified movies have a calibration section on the DVD that will help also. A lot of the grainy effect comes from having the contrast and brightness up too high.
    I forgot to add.
    Make sure you are using the component/HDMI/DVI output out of the DVD player if it has any of those.

Jyruiz
    I am very glad you guys started this thread. I want to purchase one myself but want 1080p since I have a blue ray player. I have Direct TV but don't know if its HD or not. I refuse to pay any more than my current cable bill. I don't have to worry about turning the channel past 101 since I run it through my box.
    Any info here??
    How much is the 42 before the rebate??
    Thanks
    ~NORD~
    Give me the model number of your HD reciever and I will tell you if it is an HD one or not. Also, you will not benefit from 1080p unless you are going to sit 4 feet from a 42" TV, and even then, it might be hard to tell.

Nord
    Give me the model number of your HD reciever and I will tell you if it is an HD one or not. Also, you will not benefit from 1080p unless you are going to sit 4 feet from a 42" TV, and even then, it might be hard to tell.
    This will be for my room and I will be over 4 ft away. Its a Tivo unit, I'll have to check when I get home from work later. Thanks, I'll let you know!

OSidePat
    Go to CNET.com

Nord
    Go to CNET.com
    The 32 inch is not on the site, smallest is the 37. They did say the HD was so-so as far as the Vizio goes. That is not good.

Jyruiz
    This will be for my room and I will be over 4 ft away. Its a Tivo unit, I'll have to check when I get home from work later. Thanks, I'll let you know!
    There is only two Tivo units that are HD for DirecTV, the HR10-250 and HR20-250. The HR20 has not been out that long, only since August and really isn't a Tivo, but DirecTV's own DVR.

sleekcraft137
    http://www.plasmatvbuyingguide.com/p...ma_review.html
    here is a review on the Vizio 42" i know your not lookin at the 42 but it'll give you an idea of the overall quality of Vizio.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast