Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Vizio 32" HD LCD TV any good?

Nord
    Give me the model number of your HD reciever and I will tell you if it is an HD one or not. Also, you will not benefit from 1080p unless you are going to sit 4 feet from a 42" TV, and even then, it might be hard to tell.
    DVR-R10
    I don't think it is HD. The blue ray player has a HDMI port?? I don't know anyting about this stuff. IF I buy a tv with a HD tuner, does that mean it will convert it?

Jyruiz
    DVR-R10
    I don't think it is HD. The blue ray player has a HDMI port?? I don't know anyting about this stuff. IF I buy a tv with a HD tuner, does that mean it will convert it?
    No, it is not HD, but if you buy a TV/plasma/LCD, what ever the case maybe, connect it with the S-video cable, I don't think the DVR-R10 has component out, otherwise you would use that one. HDMI is becoming the standard port for HD and DVD content, it is a port that has copy pretection so the studios are behind it and the TV manufacturers are putting it on all the new sets now. You always want to use HDMI if you can, here is how all the connections fair from worst to best.
    Coax/cable
    Composite
    S-video
    Component
    DVI
    HDMI
    Component, DVI and HDMI are pretty much the same for picture quality.
    Right now, component is better for progressive DVD players as HDMI and DVI cant do blacker than black and crush the whites.
    If the TV comes with a built in HD tuner, what that means it that you can receive HD signals over the air. CBS, ABC, NBC, Fox, KTLA, KCET, and what ever channel 13 is all broadcast over the air in HD. What ever device you hook up to the TV that is not HD, the TV will try it's best to convert it to its navtive resolution and try to make it look better, this is not always successful though and what you get is a very soft picture.
    Feel free to post or PM me with any question you have.

Nord
    No, it is not HD, but if you buy a TV/plasma/LCD, what ever the case maybe, connect it with the S-video cable, I don't think the DVR-R10 has component out, otherwise you would use that one. HDMI is becoming the standard port for HD and DVD content, it is a port that has copy pretection so the studios are behind it and the TV manufacturers are putting it on all the new sets now. You always want to use HDMI if you can, here is how all the connections fair from worst to best.
    Coax/cable
    Composite
    S-video
    Component
    DVI
    HDMI
    Component, DVI and HDMI are pretty much the same for picture quality.
    Right now, component is better for progressive DVD players as HDMI and DVI cant do blacker than black and crush the whites.
    If the TV comes with a built in HD tuner, what that means it that you can receive HD signals over the air. CBS, ABC, NBC, Fox, KTLA, KCET, and what ever channel 13 is all broadcast over the air in HD. What ever device you hook up to the TV that is not HD, the TV will try it's best to convert it to its navtive resolution and try to make it look better, this is not always successful though and what you get is a very soft picture.
    Feel free to post or PM me with any question you have.
    Thanks!!! I'll have to look at this later!

FREIND OF AA AND TA
    I bought a Vizio 42" plasma at Costco a year + ago. Figured I could always take it back like mentioned above......but I have been very happy with it. The name Vizio kinda scared me. I'v gotten over that now.
    Ditto!! 42 rocks!!!

PaPaG
    Spotted the Vizio LCD 32" for under $700 otd at COSTCO.
    Wife wanted me to run it by anyone that knows anything about this unknown-to-us-brand.
    The price is right, seemed like a good pic.
    We're wired and dialed in for HDTV, so we thought we'd upgrade our bedroom TV.
    Hit it or quit it?
    Everything else was over $1100 +tax.
    Thanks for any info.
    We have a 32", 37" and a 42" Vizio. They are all great...make sure to get the LCD (shows better than the Plasma) Sams has the 42" LCD for $1195.00 vs Costco Plasma for $1195.00 and the LCD for $1295.00, both places have great return policies if you have to return them for any reason. So far so good. Volume is not that great like all the others we checked out but a 500w-1000w surround sound takes care of that issue.

Dan Lorenze
    We just bought the 50" Vizio from Costco online. For 1499.00 it's a great deal. It's a nice unit for our master bedroom. The audio is real nice too..

brianthomas
    Well I have purchased three LCD tvs this past year. Two were Sole' brand for the boat. One 20 inch and one 13 inch. Both died within the first three months and were replaced. Can't wait to see how long they last now. The third is a Magnavox 32" LCD that I bought in October and it is now in the shop waiting for a "scaler board" and has been there for a month! How can I have that bad of luck that all three of the only LCD tvs I have bought have all broken and none lasted more than 90 days. I'm thinking about regular old tube tvs again.

drejustice
    We just bought the 50" Vizio from Costco online. For 1499.00 it's a great deal. It's a nice unit for our master bedroom. The audio is real nice too..
    We had the 50 inch vizio plasma since May. It craped out on Dec 24th Returned to Costco with only remote and power cord(not even the manual) and they took it back.
    Decided to go with the 56 inch 1080P samsung DLP

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345