Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lincoln LS Opinions Needed.

dmontzsta
    How good are these? I have been searching around and have not found many problems with them. I am kicking around picking one of these up. I like that it is a luxury car, but still has the muscle to get around town.
    I am really into them right now...3.9 all alluminum V8. The Lincoln LS has received very high marks in occupant protection. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety has rated the LS as a "Best Pick" with a perfect score in their frontal offset crash test. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration gave the LS almost perfect scores in its side impact and rollover tests. In fact, CNBC rated the LS as “one of the five safest cars of all time.”
    http://www.lincoln.com/lincolnls/img/main_ext_2.jpg
    http://www.lincoln.com/lincolnls/img/main_ext_8.jpg
    http://www.lincoln.com/lincolnls/img/main_ext_4.jpg
    http://www.lincoln.com/lincolnls/img/main_int_5.jpg
    I am thinking of 2000-2004 models.
    All input is appreciated...Thanks.

dmontzsta
    Buy a Maxima....waaaay better car
    Stupid Fukker
    I have owned 3 at once before, I know Maximas in and out. I am looking for something a little bigger now.
    fag.

dmontzsta
    Call up the Fukkin Farmer....he has the hook up on Crown Vics
    F all that! He will be trying to sell me daytons and hydraulics to go with it.

corlish
    dmon,
    we have had an LS for ~ 3 yrs now and love it -- I think it is a great car and have not had any serious issues at all. In fact the only thing we have had to do is replace a window regulator (common problem on some of the earlier cars).
    They were designed to compete with BMW and having spent considerable time in both 3 & 5 series I would say both performance and handling is very comparable. The LS certainly has a more modern suspension. Fit and finish is a little lacking ... just my opinion.
    I am sad to see it go as we were really considering just getting another one in a couple of years. I have not checked out the Zephyr but hopefully it compares well to the LS.
    Corey

Big Kahunaa
    the 3.9 is the same platform as the jag 4.2 with the supercharger and it is the same chasie as the new mustang can any one say 4.6 and 6-speed

dmontzsta
    dmon,
    we have had an LS for ~ 3 yrs now and love it -- I think it is a great car and have not had any serious issues at all. In fact the only thing we have had to do is replace a window regulator (common problem on some of the earlier cars).
    They were designed to compete with BMW and having spent considerable time in both 3 & 5 series I would say both performance and handling is very comparable. The LS certainly has a more modern suspension. Fit and finish is a little lacking ... just my opinion.
    I am sad to see it go as we were really considering just getting another one in a couple of years. I have not checked out the Zephyr but hopefully it compares well to the LS.
    Corey
    That is good news. What year is yours and how many miles are on it?

In my humble opinion, If you want to be fast: CTS-V, if you want comfort (and faster than most) STS-V. I've had 2 STS's over 200K miles ('96 & 98) with nothing more than an antena change on the '96 and a power seat switch due to my fat a$$ on the '98. I've got 41K on the CTS-V and while it's fun, I am getting tierd of shifting gears. If you've got $$$ to spare, S-class Mercedes all the way!

dmontzsta
    In my humble opinion, If you want to be fast: CTS-V, if you want comfort (and faster than most) STS-V. I've had 2 STS's over 200K miles ('96 & 98) with nothing more than an antena change on the '96 and a power seat switch due to my fat a$$ on the '98. I've got 41K on the CTS-V and while it's fun, I am getting tierd of shifting gears. If you've got $$$ to spare, S-class Mercedes all the way!
    I am not really looking for blazing fast. Mostly something comfy, with enough power and great safety, I also have to stick with my Fords.

YeLLowBoaT
    what about the 500? its basicly just a volvo= very safe.

dmontzsta
    what about the 500? its basicly just a volvo= very safe.
    The 500 is a little bleh, dont you think? The LS has nicer lines.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast