Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Rocker Schiada update

Schiada Time
    This just in! Red Rocker's Schiada is hoping to hit water the 27th of August just before labor day. Last night I and a buddy re-installed the strut with fresh bearings, had Glenwood build a new prop shaft and installed last night as well and hooked up to the V-drive. Bought a brand new rudder 1-1/8th and am installing new rudder, stuffing box, etc. as well as the cavitation plates, exhaust tips all going back in later this week as they were removed from the transom being replaced. Last weekend me and my buddy Marcel marinized the motor and installed the Olsen pan and pick up. I am getting close. The boat has a new prop shaft, rudder, turn fin, strut bushings, shaft log seal, stuffing box, hardware and a brand 502 with freshened Turbo 400 is going in this weekend. We are moving right along and the boat doesn't look like such a basket case anymore. After we got the strut back in the boat and the new prop shaft last night I felt like we had overcome a hurdle. Now its all about re-installing the plates/transom hardware, dropping in my power and plumbing and re-wiring. L&L is going to build me a new harness so all the wiring will be fresh. I also got brand new SW gauges to maintain the old school flavor with reliability the 30 year old instruments could not provide. As many of you know money is falling out of my pockst like a waterfall right now but its going to be bad ass.
    Trav

dmontzsta
    That was a quick resto.

RUSHIN ROULETTE
    pics....pics.....please..

Hustler
    Right on Travis. But for a guy who makes a living with pic's you would think we could get a few around here

Schiada Time
    Yes. how ironic. I make my living shooting photos and writing stories but cant post pics to save my life. I have a few from last weekend if someone wants to post them.
    trav

Hustler
    Yes. how ironic. I make my living shooting photos and writing stories but cant post pics to save my life. I have a few from last weekend if someone wants to post them.
    trav
    send them to me @ my e-mail (joe@evansandson.com) and post them for you.

Schiada Time
    I'm Jonesing! Installing the new turn fin, stuffing box, rudder, and mounting the cav plates back up tomorrow night. trying to get the motor and trans in this weekend and work on plumbing and wiring throughout the week. with any luck I'll have just enough time tyo lake test before Labor day.
    trav

RiverDave
    Here you go Trav. get this thing done and lets hit Needles or Mojave
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...hiada3-med.JPG
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...hiada2-med.JPG
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...hiada1-med.JPG
    Nice to see it coming together!
    RD

Looking good Travis, looks like she is coming along very
    nice.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast