Thread: Football Question

Not So Fast
    OK, so Cal and Wahington in O.T. and Cal is up 31-24, Washington is intercepted at the 3 yard line and game over right? But what if the guy would have run the ball back for a TD, does it count in the final score or is the game over at the point of possesion change? Moot point I know except in the gambling world where it could affect the payoff because of the point spread!! Whats the word you guru's. NSF

ratso
    OK, so Cal and Wahington in O.T. and Cal is up 31-24, Washington is intercepted at the 3 yard line and game over right? But what if the guy would have run the ball back for a TD, does it count in the final score or is the game over at the point of possesion change? Moot point I know except in the gambling world where it could affect the payoff because of the point spread!! Whats the word you guru's. NSF
    Final score.

slink
    Game over at change of possession

my21advantage
    YOU MAKE THE CALL....
    The TD whould not count in the final score...the play is ruled dead

ratso
    Game over at change of possession
    ...he was asking hypothetically if the ball was run back. It still goes by final score.

Not So Fast
    So two votes for the hypothetical touchdown not counting (6 points) and one for it counting in the final score, is that right?? I think that that play is not dead until the whistle is blown ending that play so the touch down would count in the final score?????????? JMO----NSF

Not So Fast
    BTW I gotta go with SWB as he is usually pretty right on about sports. NSF

Not So Fast
    Yeah I saw the score already was KC up by 14, but long way to go. Can't give up just yet!!!!!!!! NSF GO BOLTS