Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bored, so I detail the wifes car, pix.

SHOTKALLIN
    I drove mine by the dealer.....got a nice detail for free while testdriving an 07 denali. Had to vacum it myself though.

Jyruiz
    A little trick I learned is to armorall (or whatever you use) the shit out of the tires before you wash. I drown em then move the truck far enough to roll the tires 180deg and drench em again. Have a couple coolies while it soaks in and then wash the truck. I use the wash mitt on the wheels but not the tires, rinse it all off and when your done the tires have just the right amount of product on them and your wheels aren't all greasy. It works for me but then again I'm an idiot :rollside:
    Good tip, I will have to try it. I usually don't use any Armorall because the dirt just seem to stick to it easier, I just wash the tires. I will try it my truck this morning.

callbob4homes
    Yesterday must have been the day for it then. Washed and detailed my Colorado 4 door then started in on wifes Passat. Got it all done and detailed except for wax which will happen here shortly. Should be worth a little sumpin' huh?

Jyruiz
    Yesterday must have been the day for it then. Washed and detailed my Colorado 4 door then started in on wifes Passat. Got it all done and detailed except for wax which will happen here shortly. Should be worth a little sumpin' huh?
    Hopeufully you will get something out of it. I just finished doing my Silverado, glad it is only extra cab short bed. I put one coat of wax on the whole truck and a second coat on the hood, roof and the bed rails.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123