Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: question for the circle guys

superdave013
    I was wondering why the water dumps are on the side instead of the transom. The only reason I can think of is so you can check for water flow while running. Is there more to it then that?

GofastRacer
    BINGO!.. wink

blondie#1
    Yes, one more, when you're towing a dead boat for the PR of the thing, you can reach over and feel when you're in trouble with the JeRk. And if you have an electric, automotive pump, you can keep a force feed system flowing, as long as the pickups dont plug with debris! I did this for about 3 miles at a fast idle and impressed the BOYs! I was towing a Jones Starfire with a former SS veteran driver and his Mighty Mouse Motor {dead}! Go Girls! The same guy tried testing that day without his PROP installed!!! JeRksBlondieBomber smile_sp yuk

LeE ss13
    superdave013:
    I was wondering why the water dumps are on the side instead of the transom. The only reason I can think of is so you can check for water flow while running. Is there more to it then that? To answer that, I want you to picture Tevye, (played by Topol), in 'Fiddler on the Roof', singing the answer ...."Tradition !!!!!"

superdave013
    Ok, I have to install a few more dumps. Do you think I should spend more money on longer hoses to be a side squirter? I mean, I wanna be cool like you guys. And maybe if I use some small ones I could get it to squirt real far and spray the guy I'm passing.

FlatRacer
    I liked the idea of being able to check your water flow by just reaching down and feeling with your hand, but I didn't like the way the exiting spray (at speed) obscures the numbers or graphics on the side of the boat (I'm anal about appearance).
    I installed my dumps on the driver's side near the transom, so I can just glance back whenever I want to check the flow.
    FR

Flat Nasty
    FlatRacer:
    I liked the idea of being able to check your water flow by just reaching down and feeling with your hand, but I didn't like the way the exiting spray (at speed) obscures the numbers or graphics on the side of the boat (I'm anal about appearance).
    I installed my dumps on the driver's side near the transom, so I can just glance back whenever I want to check the flow.
    FR If you are going that fast you cant see graphics any way. I like to know when the water stops.

gnRacer98
    Are the guys that dump the water out the side, the same guys that can never tell you what the tach or oil pressure was reading just before it blowed-up?
    The boat looks cooler in the pictures if you run it out the back.

LeE ss13
    Ah come on John ... the ride in a 18' flatbottom at 100 mph on the 3rd lap is a little different than the nice smooth ride of a 20'-21' GN V-Bottom cruiser. And don't make me show a picture of what can happen to even a GN boat if a driver takes their eyes off the water too long !!!!

gnRacer98
    Yea, it's smooth gliding over 3ft. rollers (kinda like air ride suspension). That's why I moved mine to the transom, I'm too busy trying to find the flags once a lap.
    Besides, the crew already knows not to stand in the back when you start it in the pits.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast