Thread: Old Texan- Kinky Friedman - Governor

3 daytona`s
    Hey,I`m thinking I had this right,people tell me he has a real chance.WTF give a talk the talk guy a chance could not screw anything up worse than it already is in this country. I pray he wins,THAT WILL BE A PARTY Willie,Kris Kristopherson and Kinky.

SmokinLowriderSS
    Sure would be interesting.

Old Texan
    Kinky's got some attention on the border program and I think a lot more people than expected are giving him some consideration. As far as getting elected that's another story.
    It's refreshing to get away from the PC crowd and be able to listen to someone speak without all the beat aorund the bush rhetoric.
    My concern is where Kinky's votes come from. Rep. Rick Perry has done a decent job and I'd hate to have a vote for Kinky allow one of the other lesser candidates get the win.
    The democrat candidate will do nothing but expand state government creating fat.
    "Grandma", as Kinky affectionately calls her, Katherine Keaton Strayhorn has the backing of the Teachers Union and the state trial lawyers. She already has a checkered past from her time as state comptroller.
    I don't trust her at all.
    I think it will all come down to the point if enough people feel Kinky's got a real chance. Having a 4 horse race makes this election very unpredictable.

3 daytona`s
    Kinky's got some attention on the border program and I think a lot more people than expected are giving him some consideration. As far as getting elected that's another story.
    It's refreshing to get away from the PC crowd and be able to listen to someone speak without all the beat aorund the bush rhetoric.
    My concern is where Kinky's votes come from. Rep. Rick Perry has done a decent job and I'd hate to have a vote for Kinky allow one of the other lesser candidates get the win.
    The democrat candidate will do nothing but expand state government creating fat.
    "Grandma", as Kinky affectionately calls her, Katherine Keaton Strayhorn has the backing of the Teachers Union and the state trial lawyers. She already has a checkered past from her time as state comptroller.
    I don't trust her at all.
    I think it will all come down to the point if enough people feel Kinky's got a real chance. Having a 4 horse race makes this election very unpredictable.
    Tex, just watchen a piece on CNN featuring your Gov. race.They said all candidates are going to pull in the BIG GUNS.I don`t think Kinky is as close as I once thought.I guess not fair to stick my nose in your peoples business,just so tired of what`s in office now,everywhere. :frown:

Old Texan
    Tex, just watchen a piece on CNN featuring your Gov. race.They said all candidates are going to pull in the BIG GUNS.I don`t think Kinky is as close as I once thought.I guess not fair to stick my nose in your peoples business,just so tired of what`s in office now,everywhere. :frown:
    6 months ago Kinky was the only one talking "Border Defense", now all the other 3 are moving it to the top of their platform. The Dem is even pushing it up with state healthcare and more money for the "chilrens".
    Funny how everybody wants to work on the "issues" once they see the others getting attention.

3 daytona`s
    6 months ago Kinky was the only one talking "Border Defense", now all the other 3 are moving it to the top of their platform. The Dem is even pushing it up with state healthcare and more money for the "chilrens".
    Funny how everybody wants to work on the "issues" once they see the others getting attention.
    I still can`t help but like him,his views,and answers.The country was shocked whrn Jesse won in Minnesota,just never know.

Trailer Park Casanova
    I remember when I was a kid he had a S#it kickin band and used to play at the Palomino Club.
    He billed himself as the "Texas Jewboy".
    Honest, on the level.