Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: uh-oh!!!

TIMINATOR
    When I started out with the HP stuff about a zillion years ago (1968) no-one helped me with anything for free. I believed all the ads, and made every mistake, but I learned. It amazes me how many people call for info and argue about what I try to help them with. Several of them have gotten on the boards and continue to bad-mouth me because I didn't agree with what they wanted to do. Much about humans confuses me. But most customers become my friends, I prefer it that way. Many of my detractors have asked me to build them somthing that I know will either not run to their expectations, or will not live. I would rather be known as the SOB that wouldn't build their engine rather than the one that built a grenade or slug. My way isn't the only way, but I only build things that I believe in, and have experience with. I only experiment with my own stuff, and that of my close circle of friends. I don't believe in useing my customers cash for my education, its not fair. NautiII, good luck, I'll help if I can, whether you become a customer or not. TIMINATOR

Mighty Thor
    I had the same problem. Got an Olds for a project, found some rust under the valve covers, decided to pull the pan and check the bearings found some minor rust under the rod bearings cleaned up easily, found one main bearing with a nasty rust glob that would have scored the crank and probably grabbed the bearing so I did a full tear down and discoved significant pitting in the cylinders. On my first Ford I didn't do the teardown and broke the motor bad. This one I saved by doing a full inspection. I can rebuild this one. The ford one was a total loss.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    there ya go scott I think you will be fine. Just use a wire wheel and wd-40. What kind of pushrods are they again? If stock, I might have a full set in my shop i'll give you Text message me tomorrow and I will look 4 ya
    You got the picture thing down. You just need to put the address of the pic here
    You can click on the "quote" button where there is a pic posted and you will see what it looks like.
    it will look like this..... yourpic
    http://***boat.net/forums/attachment...chmentid=10212

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12