Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One of the reasons I'll never have my family get a flu shot...

bigq
    This was a clinic in Israel:
    Four people die after receiving flu vaccinations in 2 separate clinics
    By Ron Reznik, Haaretz Correspondent and Haaretz Service
    Four people have died after receiving flu vaccinations, it was announced Sunday. The Leumi health maintenance organization informed the Health Ministry of three victims among its subscribers, and the Meuhedet HMO announced that one of its subscribers had also died.
    In response, the Health Ministry has instructed health facilities to immediately stop providing the vaccinations.
    Army Radio reported that the first three victims were all vaccinated last week at the same branch in Kiryat Gat. The injections were all performed from the same vaccine pool.
    Three of the victims, ages 75, 70 and 52, had been vaccinated in previous years against the flu, and none showed abnormal reactions.
    An initial investigation conducted by the Health Ministry discovered that all four had suffered from various illnesses, including diabetes, high blood pressure and heart problems.
    The first three people died of cardiac arrest - one of them a day after receiving the vaccination, another three days after and the last six days after. The fourth victim, a 67-year-old male from Petah Tikva, died several hours after receiving the immunization.
    Ashkelon District physicians are investigating the deaths. The Health Ministry has contacted the manufacturer of the vaccine, Aventis Pasteur of France, whose products are sold worldwide, and requested that it perform extensive examinations of its laboratories.
    It is still unclear whether there is a connection between the vaccinations and the fatalities, or the nature of such a connection if it exists.
    It is also unclear whether there were complications in the administration of the vaccine, whether related to the method of injection or the vaccine itself

Not So Fast
    In what country was this??? We were just going to get our shots NSF

HocusPocus
    i did a quick search for Meuhedet HMO and it looks like Isreal?

bigq
    Israel, vaccine was made by the french company that ships worldwide.

bigq
    Sorry bout that I should have put that in that it was not in the USA. I have changed it.

SmokinLowriderSS
    Go ahead and take your chances if you wish. We will take our chances. Personally, I think it's overreacting, but it's your call.
    Just in the US, aprox 36,000 people die from the flu and flu complications annually. 200,000 are hospitalized.
    How many at the most have ever died from the vaccine complications, over the decades? I'd be very surprised if it's 36,000 total, out of millions vaccinated. I'm having a hard time finding numbers, or I'd post them.
    From the CDC:
    Complications of flu can include bacterial pneumonia, ear infections, sinus infections, dehydration, and worsening of chronic medical conditions, such as congestive heart failure, asthma, or diabetes.
    From the University of Maryland Medical Center:
    Only 5 to 10 percent experience mild side effects, such as headache or low-grade fever for about a day after the vaccine. "The rate of adverse reactions is very low to the flu vaccine," Campbell said. In truth, the worst side effect you're likely to get is a sore arm. The most serious side effect that can occur is an allergic reaction in people who have a severe allergy to eggs. For this reason, people who are allergic to eggs should not receive the vaccine.
    A good friend of mine no longer takes it, because for her entire 35+ year life, her mother never told her she was alergic to eggs, so the Mil gave her a flu shot every year, and every year she'd be in bed sick for 3 to 4 days shortly after. She finally found out about 3 years before retiring at 20 years.

bigq
    Go ahead and take your chances if you wish. We will take our chances. Personally, I think it's overreacting, but it's your call.
    Just in the US, aprox 36,000 people die from the flu and flu complications annually. 200,000 are hospitalized.
    How many at the most have ever died from the vaccine complications, over the decades? I'd be very surprised if it's 36,000 total, out of millions vaccinated. I'm having a hard time finding numbers, or I'd post them.
    From the CDC:
    Complications of flu can include bacterial pneumonia, ear infections, sinus infections, dehydration, and worsening of chronic medical conditions, such as congestive heart failure, asthma, or diabetes.
    From the University of Maryland Medical Center:
    Only 5 to 10 percent experience mild side effects, such as headache or low-grade fever for about a day after the vaccine. "The rate of adverse reactions is very low to the flu vaccine," Campbell said. In truth, the worst side effect you're likely to get is a sore arm. The most serious side effect that can occur is an allergic reaction in people who have a severe allergy to eggs. For this reason, people who are allergic to eggs should not receive the vaccine.
    A good friend of mine no longer takes it, because for her entire 35+ year life, her mother never told her she was alergic to eggs, so the Mil gave her a flu shot every year, and every year she'd be in bed sick for 3 to 4 days shortly after. She finally found out about 3 years before retiring at 20 years.
    Drill down that 36,000 number and you see only about 300 die from the actual flu. the rest was from pneumonia. They lump the Flu and pneumonia together and later break it out. Starnge since one is a virus and the other is caused from bacteria. Question is, does the flu vaccine cause pneumonia ? What are the long term effects from the toxins put in the shots?
    Page 31 (http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr52/nvsr52_03.pdf)

Trailer Park Casanova
    I've always felt after getting the flu,, that when the next one rolls aorund, it's never as bad as the last.
    After the brutal Stain B that rolled around in '82,, flu's haven't been that bad.

Sleek-Jet
    Headaches and mild fever my ass... I'm not alergic to eggs either... and the sickest I've ever been was after a flu shot back in 94.
    They offered them through the school I was attending. Got so sick, and was out so long, that I nearly had to repeat an instructional block. If it hadn't been for an understanding instructor, I would have been focked.
    I'll take my chances... it's a crap shoot anyways. They seem to miss the flu strain prediction about half the time...

Dribble
    You have a better change of dying from choking on a jello shot than you do from a flu vaccine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast