Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boat Twisting?

SmokinLowriderSS
    Yes, check the structural reinforcements, ALL of them, the floor, the stringers, and the cross-bulkheads. Without these being tightly glassed to the hull (and being structurally solid), all you have ia a large bowl of plastic which can twist in all sorts of ways. Replacing them is not so bad, is messy, but can be done with reasonable ease.
    Best of luck to you.

Moneypitt
    MD355, be sure to come back and let us all know what you find. Issues like this can be very educational to all, and just might enlighten someone else prior to the "unattended" result. These boat are alot of fun and sometimes the danger aspect is overlooked...............MP

hallettman
    maybe the foam floatation under the floor is retaining water. i say this cause that was my problem last year.

MADDOG355
    The bottom of the boat if bare (no floor or foam) just stringers but there is no reinforcement between the stringers from the motor mounts till the bulkhead under the dash. I am thinking it should have one infront of the motor (where the back seat would be). It has had bulkheads replaced infront of the saddle tanks (becouse it was folding in there). so I am guessing the stringers will be the problem. I will try to check some of this this weekend.
    Agian thank you all for the help I will keep you posted on what I find.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12