Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wire prices

phebus
    I am running a new electric line from my panel to the future spa location. The line will be 150' long, and I am using #6 wire. I went to Home Depot to price the wire, and the #6 was 94 cents a foot!! Holy crap, I need 450' of it, and 150' of # 10 for a ground.
    Sorry honey, Christmas has been cancelled

wsuwrhr
    I am running a new electric line from my panel to the future spa location. The line will be 150' long, and I am using #6 wire. I went to Home Depot to price the wire, and the #6 was 94 cents a foot!! Holy crap, I need 450' of it, and 150' of # 10 for a ground.
    Sorry honey, Christmas has been cancelled
    Are you sure about that price?
    I think I bought 00 cable(battery cables practically) for the sub for the machines and I don't think it was that much.
    Brian

YeLLowBoaT
    HD and lowes are way over priced, go to a supplier it will be much cheaper.

wsuwrhr
    I seriously think you got the price wrong.
    For reference I checked Mc Master Carr supply, they are sometimes pretty high for things like this, but their price for stranded #6 was $55 per 100 ft up to 500ft and $37 per 100ft for 500 ft and up.
    Just thought you would want to know.
    I am headed to HD pretty soon anyway, Ill check for you.
    Brian

deltaAce
    They have a direct buriable #6/3 + ground for that application.

phebus
    They have a direct buriable #6/3 + ground for that application.
    Now you tell me. I hired a backhoe to dig the 18" deep trench, and this morning, I ran 1 1/2" conduit in the trench. All I have to do now, is pull the wire. I ran a rope pull in the conduit to hopefully pull the wire with no issues. I went oversize on the conduit to make it easier.
    I double checked Home Depots price, and yes, it is 94 cents a foot for #6 stranded, or you can buy a 250' spool, and it comes out to 54 cents a foot. I would buy the spool, but 250' isn't enough for two pulls since I need 150' for each wire.
    I will check elec supply tomorrow, but this is Havasu, and I am limited with suppliers. Lowes opens here on 11/3, and if I find they are a lot cheaper, I will wait and get it there.
    Copper prices have gone through the roof!!

Sleek-Jet
    Conduit is better than direct bury anyways... if you have to replace the wire, all you have to do is pull in new conductor, instead of diggin up your yard.
    Whatever wire you end up getting, lock that shit up until you are ready to install it... the focking tweakers will steal it faster than you can imagine....

phebus
    Whatever wire you end up getting, lock that shit up until you are ready to install it... the focking tweakers will steal it faster than you can imagine....
    There's no tweakers in Havasu :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:

TCHB
    Give me a call if you need help. I am sure our Builder Jeff can you get you contractor deals around town.

phebus
    Give me a call if you need help. I am sure our Builder Jeff can you get you contractor deals around town.
    I'll follow up on that. I have a friend that is a electrical contractor, and I'm going to call him also. I have to go back to So Cal on Tuesday for a doctor's appointment, and I could pick it up from him then. It is going to be a round trip day.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast