Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sunday 10/22 in the Pacific

MRSDRMCAT
    Nice meeting your crew and glad you had a good time
    Nice to meet you guys too! Wish we would have all made in to Catalina and had lunch together!! Maybe next time!! What did you guys do??

INSman
    Nice to meet you guys too! Wish we would have all made in to Catalina and had lunch together!! Maybe next time!! What did you guys do??
    We made it eventually, but is was a fairly rough ride. :messedup:

MRSDRMCAT
    We made it eventually, but is was a fairly rough ride. :messedup:
    At least you made safe.....Did you get to moor the boat??

Hardly Satisfied
    Nice Pics

riverracerx
    We never made it to Catalina. Barry had a starboard side engine hiccup. Think it got flooded and then just wouldn't start. Finally got it working but then didn't want to risk shutting it off over at Catalina and possibly getting stuck, as we weren't exactly sure what the problem was. It was running a little hot on the way back in too, so he might have a water pump going out?
    But still fun cruising around. That 34' Shockwave is solid in the ocean. I was really impressed with the ride.

slink
    Glad you made it back Tom. Oh Ya, BL's at 530 am? think it's time for Betty Ford

INSman
    At least you made safe.....Did you get to moor the boat??
    Yup, we got a spot right up front without any problems.

HMF'er
    Did you guys make it to Catalina or just cruised around ??
    About 12 miles offshore, we ran into constant swells that limited our speed to about 25mph. I was worried that it would only get worse on the way back so we came back to the harbors and cruised around.

DILLIGAF
    About 12 miles offshore, we ran into constant swells that limited our speed to about 25mph. I was worried that it would only get worse on the way back so we came back to the harbors and cruised around.
    What size is your boat? Is it a 25 Shockwave? If so, you would have been fine.

HMF'er
    YUP, 25'. At the speed we were going, it would have taken about 45 minutes. Being an ocean virgin, it was a bit intimidating especially since we couldn't see the island or the shore. But I'm ready to try again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast