Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sunday 10/22 in the Pacific

DILLIGAF
    YUP, 25'. At the speed we were going, it would have taken about 45 minutes. Being an ocean virgin, it was a bit intimidating especially since we couldn't see the island or the shore. But I'm ready to try again.
    My first few trips out I would venture out a mile or so and head back into the harbor . Then Barry took us out along the coast...LB, LA and HB. I headed out for the first time to Catalina Saturday. If HL and Frenchie would not have been there I would not have went over. No way. I had a 25 before and it handles well. You could have done it but I understand your being hesitant. Better to be that way then go down with the ship.
    We will be going out Saturday again from Newport Dunes. If noone is experienced with us I won't be going to Catalina unless I can see the island from NB. Your welcome to join us out there.

HMF'er
    Thanks for the invite, I can't next weekend.
    DRMCAT was with me and had his GPS, felt very comfortable with the direction as we were going there alone. It was just too rough and not scenic enough.
    You should try the Davies Locker launch in LB if you haven't yet. It was nice and wide and not too long of an idle out.

DILLIGAF
    Thanks for the invite, I can't next weekend.
    DRMCAT was with me and had his GPS, felt very comfortable with the direction as we were going there alone. It was just too rough and not scenic enough.
    You should try the Davies Locker launch in LB if you haven't yet. It was nice and wide and not too long of an idle out.
    NB is closer for me but is Davies Locker off of 2nd street?

HMF'er
    NB is closer for me but is Davies Locker off of 2nd street?
    Yes, take the 22 w/b, exit Studebaker, s/b to Second St and you're there.

DILLIGAF
    Yes, take the 22 w/b, exit Studebaker, s/b to Second St and you're there.
    That is what I was thinking. The good thing would be that you wouldn't have to run down to NB after heading into LB. I will check it out one of these days just to mix it up.

Devil's Advocate
    Great pics. Looked liked a good time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123