Thread: Houston ***boaters

Phat Al
    Anyone here from Houston??? Can you give me some feedback, Good or Bad. What areas to stay away from (Housing)??? How are the schools? we have two kids. Lakes?? Wife and I are considering moving from CA. due to a job offer.

atxwrangler
    i live about 100 miles from h town.we just had a get together this weekend.you need to post this on texas***boats.com and you will get a lot more replies.there are a lot of places to jet boat around here,but,talk to a few houston people from the texas board for more accurate info!

Phat Al
    i live about 100 miles from h town.we just had a get together this weekend.you need to post this on texas***boats.com and you will get a lot more replies.there are a lot of places to jet boat around here,but,talk to a few houston people from the texas board for more accurate info!
    Thanks for the reply I'll check out the site.

Greaser
    Anyone here from Houston??? Can you give me some feedback, Good or Bad. What areas to stay away from (Housing)??? How are the schools? we have two kids. Lakes?? Wife and I are considering moving from CA. due to a job offer.
    I live about 2 hours from Houston, so take this for what its worth. My advice is to look for something in the suburbs. Tomball, Katy, Conroe.

737jetmech
    We had a house in the town of Spring TX (just north of the city). Most of the time we boated on Lake Conroe. Schools ??? Depending on how far you want to drive to work you have many options.

Evin Rude
    First, what area of the city will your job be?
    I have lived here 30+ years, got a pretty good feel for where to live. Much of it depends on your job situation.
    ER

Phat Al
    First, what area of the city will your job be?
    I have lived here 30+ years, got a pretty good feel for where to live. Much of it depends on your job situation.
    ER
    Zip code is 77042, Major cross streets are Westheimer Rd and West Belt, Piney Point Village seems to be a landmark.

Evin Rude
    Cool, some good and some bad near there.
    You wanting to buy or rent for a while?
    If you want to rent, look for a TH or Condo along Memorial Drive. Nice stuff.
    Piney Point is a small comunity of very nice homes probably 5-6 miles from your listed location.
    If you want to buy and are comfortable with California home prices you will love it here. 1 mil in OC buys a sweet condo. For 1 mil in Houston, expect a 4000+ sq ft home on probably 1/2 acre.
    My humble home is 2200 ft on a 1/2 acre lot, 3-2-4 and is only worth around 125K and my zip is 77043. I am only about 2 1/2 miles from Westheimer & West Belt.
    There are many like this...............its like 1/2 mile from where you said you would be working.
    http://search.har.com/engine/indexde...E=0&backButton
    ER

atxwrangler
    you have reply's at texas***boats.com!

Phat Al
    you have reply's at texas***boats.com!
    Thank you all for the reply's and ATX for referring me to the THB site....