Thread: Upholstry Quote?

Cole Sanger
    Anyone know what I am looking at for upholstry? I have a 26.6ft open bow. I have two drop down bolsters and a rear bench. I also have the rear motor hatch. I know, sky is the limit, but what have others paid? Thanks

76ANTHONY
    3 g's on an 18 footer....i feel for ya.... :cry:

Cole Sanger
    Oh boy, it's going to hurt.

Classic Daycruiser
    Anyone know what I am looking at for upholstry? I have a 26.6ft open bow. I have two drop down bolsters and a rear bench. I also have the rear motor hatch. I know, sky is the limit, but what have others paid? Thanks
    I took mine back to Eliminator...(20 years later). $8500.
    Floor, frames, Cutty, (2)front seats, (1)bench, Side panels, Hatch.
    Quoted at 80 hours :cry: :cry: :cry:
    Was it worth it....YES

little rowe boat
    22' Howard open bow, complete interior redone. $6000.00

BadKachina
    Oh boy, it's going to hurt.
    Let me give you an estimate, it won't be anywhere close to 8500 and my upholstry guy is top notch. Bring it buy or give me a call, an estimate is free... :boxed:

Classic Daycruiser
    Let me give you an estimate, it won't be anywhere close to 8500 and my upholstry guy is top notch. Bring it buy or give me a call, an estimate is free... :boxed:
    Thats what I was told, then I showed up with the boat and said I wanted it to look original...most backed out, some told me the vinyl material was not available, and others told me they would not attempt a "tuck and roll" on that big of a project.
    Anyone can do a plain white interior (seen on most new boats), but add the tuck and roll (not just sewn to look like a tuck-n-roll), most fall way behind.
    BadKachina, lets see pictures of your last few boat interiors. What is your shop rate $$? Most hours billed for a complete "tuck and roll" interior similar to mine?
    I've heard your guy is good too, just could not bear the thought of my Eliminator on Kachina land. :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:
    PS... PM Me if you interested in sponsoring next years " 2nd Annual Arizona Antique and Classic Boat Regatta".

BadKachina
    Thats what I was told, then I showed up with the boat and said I wanted it to look original...most backed out, some told me the vinyl material was not available, and others told me they would not attempt a "tuck and roll" on that big of a project.
    Anyone can do a plain white interior (seen on most new boats), but add the tuck and roll (not just sewn to look like a tuck-n-roll), most fall way behind.
    BadKachina, lets see pictures of your last few boat interiors. What is your shop rate $$? Most hours billed for a complete "tuck and roll" interior similar to mine?
    I've heard your guy is good too, just could not bear the thought of my Eliminator on Kachina land. :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:
    PS... PM Me if you interested in sponsoring next years " 2nd Annual Arizona Antique and Classic Boat Regatta".
    Shop rate for interior work is different for us than mechanic work. My guy does piece work for me, I have no idea how he comes up with his prices. What ever I think the price will be is usually way off, some times high and some times low. I guess he knows how much the material will cost. I'm sure tuck and roll stuff is labor intensive, we usually do couple of jobs a month, not counting all the little stuff, repairs and such and he's never been anywhere close to 8k on anything. His work is factory quality, I even have an embroidery shop to do logos on seats or heads rests.
    As for pictures, I'm horrible at remembering to take before pics so I never end up taking after pics. I do have some of mine that I redid the seats and side panels in last winter plus a couple of others that I could probably did up. I'll try and put some together tommorrow and post them.
    I want to say that we did a bow rider similar to yours with some tuck and roll in the center of the seats, three or four colors, complete interior, hatch side panels, bowrider and carpet for about 4k plus the embroidery in the seats.
    BTW I have two Daytona's in the shop right now and no Kachina's so you'd feel right at home. :rollside:

Cole Sanger
    Thanks. I will give you a call when I am ready. Hopefully next month.

Classic Daycruiser
    I probably paid $2000 to much, but not to offen do you get a chance to take some thing back to the Mfg 20 years later. Many are not in business.