Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dumbest things you've done and survived

desertbird
    Have read all 2000+ posts on the "Sunk the Boat" thread!
    LOL

Debbolas
    Me & a friend wanted to make a UFO. We rounded up a bunch of helium ballons from the car dealer lots & then attached a long thin wire w/ gas soaked rags hanging down 8'. We payed out a couple rolls of kite string & admired our "fire in the sky". We flew it over I-680 freeway from the park & nearly caused an accident.
    We tried it again from our house & while paying it out it droped down onto a neighbors truck as he was rounding the corner home. It attached to his door mirror & he was franticly swatting at it while while weaving the road & almost crashed. We ran but the string led right to our driveway. :rollside:
    funny
    I was on the back of my friends boat, we dropped the anchor (with rope) and sat there and watched as the rope dropped into the clear water of Lake Powell...It was so clear, we could watch it go down. Didn't think about diving in until it was too late
    Lake Powell, I leaned over the bow to look down into the clear water, you could see down about 25 feet (the lake was high back then) and watched my sunglasses go floating down, I was thinking about jumping in
    Drove home from October fest at Big Bear like I was driving the Indy 500. (after a few beers) Thought I was doing an outstanding job of driving...I was probably SUCH an idiot...a miracle I survived....
    all I can think of now................. :cry:

Deano
    married my x-wife...
    My brother drilled a hole in a pipe bomb that he already filled with gun powder....good thing the ends were pressed on and not threaded

Kilrtoy
    Joined ***boat

Her454
    17 or 18 years old and driving a 250R out at Glamis at night. Never drank before and had my share of Michelob that day...yuck. Saw some friends of mine in a truck with some other friends following them not too far behind in a buggy.
    Nailed the 250 in 2nd gear and went in between them to try and spray the guys in back with sand and never even realized the truck was towing the buggy until the tow strap took me off the bike right at my chest. Flipped me right off the bike and it kept going and ran into a new truck that it took me all summer to pay for. Never drank another drop of Michelob EVER again and I'm a hell of lot more careful at night now when I ride LOL.
    Still dont know how I survived that.

VanDeano
    Used a SHOP VAC to siffin gasoline. The kicker is that it wasn't that long ago.

Cas
    would trying to catch a ratlesnake with your bare hands qualify? I had many experiences with a mini bike without any brakes....I sure wore through a lot of shoes. Jumping in piles of sand from a single story balcony at that same construction site. Do you have any idea how hard wet sand can be?
    How about, at about 7 years old, finding a bullet and wanting to know what's inside. Oh boy, a hacksaw will do it and all I need to do is clamp that baby in the vise. Didn't have an explosion but did get it sawed in half.
    Anyone remember flexies? I'm lucky to have a face left.

Her454
    would trying to catch a ratlesnake with your bare hands qualify? I had many experiences with a mini bike without any brakes....I sure wore through a lot of shoes. Jumping in piles of sand from a single story balcony at that same construction site. Do you have any idea how hard wet sand can be?
    How about, at about 7 years old, finding a bullet and wanting to know what's inside. Oh boy, a hacksaw will do it and all I need to do is clamp that baby in the vise. Didn't have an explosion but did get it sawed in half.
    Anyone remember flexies? I'm lucky to have a face left.
    ............Mental note: Make sure my campsite is WAY away from Steve at the next outing.....................

Cas
    ............Mental note: Make sure my campsite is WAY away from Steve at the next outing.....................
    I'm safe now as I realized I'm not a cat and lost count of how many lives I've already been through

Her454
    I'm safe now as I realized I'm not a cat and lost count of how many lives I've already been through
    I'll keep my distance anyway, in case the cops show up......... again. :rollside:

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast