Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Dumbest things you've done and survived

termiteguy
    Okay last one. This one was in junior high school. I was very into things that go Boom. Not sure how, ut my science teacher told mt buddy and I how to make a contact expolsive out of iodine crystals and... damn I don't remember what. It was a liquid though, I want to say it was ammonia. Mixing the crystals with the mystery liquid then starining them and leaving them to dry created a contact explosive which my teacher made in class. This little bit (the size of a dime) was enough to ruin the eraser of the pencil he tapped it with.
    I aquire some of the mystery liquide and steal some crystal from teach. I make about eight ounces of the stuff letting it dry overnight (the dryer the more volitile). Pouring my new explosive off of the paper plate it had been drying on in my closet I notice it isn't level in the drinking glass it was being poured into. So while looking over the top of it I start tapping on the side of the glass. Another *tink*tink*BANG. Right in my face!
    I run to the bathroom to rinse my eyes and my mom come running. When the iodine on my face got wet it turned blood red and my mom freaked out! She thinks I blew my head off. Meanwhile my only injury was I couldn't see. just a grey haze and some shapes.
    Now I am in the ER and I have what looks like plungers placed under my eyekids over my eyeballs and have saleen run over them for 30 minutes. Then at the Pacific Eye Institue, the nurse (a male nurse!?), tell me he was an explosives expert in the Army for 13 years and they used the same stuff as an alert for approaching foot traffic! Patches on and cream in my eyes for a week; Good as new.
    dude no offince butt you were a stupid kid glad you live thru it and could share your stories here :crossx:

Cas
    dude no offince butt you were a stupid kid glad you live thru it and could share your stories here :crossx:
    LMAO!

Aqua Boogie1
    A few few years back, I got pissed off at my 2nd wife coming from a restuarant. I wanted out of the car but we were going about 50 mph on the freeway. Well lets just say, Im glad the cars behind us wasn't tail gating!!!!! Spent a few days in John Muir Hospital for that one.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789