Thread: Wealth is Wasted on Us Old Guys

dirty old man
    A memo to you young guys/gals. Save your bucks, there are hard times ahead. I'm a healthy 70ish DOM, have a nice boat, quite a few paid for homes around the area, retired, and a few mil cash in the bank. Wish I had played harder when younger, but not looking back, I had a ball and feel I have a few more good years to go. My message to you young ones, is you finance too much, you're way too deep in debt. Yes, I was fortunate and wealthy enough to pay cash for everything I ever owned for the last 30 years and that just added to my bottom line. My own kids all turned out well, all professionals and no longer need any financial help. Plan your future, its not going to be as easy for you as is was for me. See you on the lake

topless
    A memo to you young guys/gals. Save your bucks, there are hard times ahead. I'm a healthy 70ish DOM, have a nice boat, quite a few paid for homes around the area, retired, and a few mil cash in the bank. Wish I had played harder when younger, but not looking back, I had a ball and feel I have a few more good years to go. My message to you young ones, is you finance too much, you're way too deep in debt. Yes, I was fortunate and wealthy enough to pay cash for everything I ever owned for the last 30 years and that just added to my bottom line. My own kids all turned out well, all professionals and no longer need any financial help. Plan your future, its not going to be as easy for you as is was for me. See you on the lakeDAD!!!!!!!!!! I've missed you so much!!!! :cry:
    P.S. I need to borrow some money.

topless
    back off..... i asked grandpa first :crossx:No you didn't !!!!

deltaAce
    A healthy 70ish means you probably didn't do a lot of smoking & drinking.
    Thanks for the good advice. There must be a lot of people nowadays that are
    spending it before its earned & if theres a hiccup in the economy their house of cards could collapse. I never finance, I always try for the best deal on "gently used" equipment, & if it's done right I can enjoy it almost free by selling it close to the purchase price when I upgrade. It's a good thing your still enjoying life.

Not So Fast
    DAD!!!!!!!!!! I've missed you so much!!!! :cry:
    P.S. I need to borrow some money.
    Thats funny!!!!!!! Me, turning 65 and although I dont have MILLIONS what I do have is paid for and have enough coming in to live the rest of my life after a lot of hard years at work. Good advice Old Man!!!!!!!! NSF

dirty old man
    deltaace, you got the smokin' part right

Trailer Park Casanova
    Our kids will all get a good inheritance.
    We don't plan on being the richest people in the graveyard either.
    As the old folks pass away and leave Alice and I their homes, we've been put the kids in them, and they'll become theirs eventually.
    Trust funds,, education,, some advantage to accumulating wealth.
    It ain't all wasted on the older members of the family.
    It gets passed down if done right.