Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: smoked a Ferrari in Nevada

Fast Freddy
    been out racing my viper again. this time i did the Silver State Classic Challenge in Nevada. there were 26 cars in my class. mostly vettes and a few vipers. my 3 fav cars in my class were the 2 new Ford GT's and the Ferrari F-40. Rick Doria the driver of the F-40 who has more wins and records at this event than anybody came in 15th. Scott Conrad the new owner of Spectre Power boats who was driving one of the ford GT's came in 8th place. and yours truly > Fast Freddy had to settle for 2nd place. i got beat out of 1st place by a mere .07's of a second by a corvette ZR-1. I M A G I N E that, lol!!! seeing how it was my first time and all at this event, me and my navigator were more than satisfied with our result. speaking of navigator i have to give all the credit to my navigator Jeffrey Wren (the nav on the predator) from Larrys Engine & Marine. if it wasn't for him i would have passed that vette.......lol.
    oh yea, we were all racin in the grand sport class which means that you got to run the 90 mile course in exactly 36 minutes flat to win. this works out to be an average speed of 150 mph. there are approximately 45 turns on this 2 lane highway. i took most of them at 150 mph no problem. my average speed was 150.0067 mph.
    here are a few pix for you hyrdo maniacs.
    that bottom pic is of John Schneider (aka BO Duke) in the General Lee from the DUKES OF HAZZARD. Jeff took that pic the day before the 90 mile road race at the 1 mile HIGH noon shootout. after the road race on Sunday, when we were all parked down in the pits at the finish line > John Schneider (BO Duke) came in after his run in the 125 mph grand touring class. when he got out of his 69' charger he went to the back of his car and opened his trunk. man he must have had enough junk in that trunk to float a battleship around. i said........ 'BO - you wouldn't happen to have any cold beer back their would ya'............. and he says "no, but i got some moonshine"............................

ROZ
    He's at it again!
    Kilrtoy's going to love this

LakeTrash
    That had to be a blast.
    Congrads
    LT

Jordy
    Too bad there were no Cigarettes there or Fast Freddy would have smoked them (as far as you know)

RitcheyRch
    Congrats on taking 2nd place. I bet that race is a blast. Have always wanted to go there and see it.

BoatPI
    Second place first time out is impressive. You did not comment on the road contitions this year.

a catered life
    i understand your feelings of excitment last week i burned a honda mini-van in the quarter mile

Dan Lorenze
    Nice job FF.... You've got skill... Maybe someday we'll see the Viper next to "Big Red" in Don Laughlin's car exibit.. 2nd in class is damn good...

STV_Keith
    Big Red is no longer in Laughlin. RJ Gottlieb and his dad took it back and campaigned it in the Z-2-Z (0-200-0) event last year, and this year. Neither time were they able to hit 200 in the mile.

prosthogod
    Congrats on the 2nd place, but when I post that you got beat by a vette on the VCA boards your going to take a beating. Sorry. :yuk:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast