Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Was Rockfest just one big criminal action?

DILLIGAF
    That would suck if it turns out that way.....
    ROCKFEST
    FAR FROM ROCK SOLID
    Top Bands Seeking Payment;
    Many others as well
    LAKE HAVASU CITY, AZ - The potential for a major black eye for Lake Havasu City is there. The first Lake Havasu City Rockfest, heavily promoted by local businessman Ron Paterson, is now the subject of major criminal investigations. TSN has learned numerous entities have not been paid at all or have had their checks bounce or stop payments applied. Complaints have come in from various sources, including event security personnel, various vendors and many of the rock bands themselves - including The Black Crowes, Cheap Trick, The Doobie Brothers, Live, and Slightly Stoopid. Those performers and others are owed substantial sums of money.
    One person complained directly to TSN. John Espinoza of Intense Creations, the $10,000 winner of the motorcycle build-off, says he wasn’t paid despite repeated attempts at getting a check from Paterson. Espinoza says Paterson “doesn’t deserve” to have another Rockfest next year.
    Also, the liquor license at the event was put under the name of the Pop Warner Youth Football program and not under PatersonÂ’s name, say several sources. The reasons are not detailed, but Paterson earlier said the organization would be receiving a percentage as a charity. ItÂ’s not understood why and itÂ’s still not clear who was actually paid at all. Repeated attempts to reach Paterson on his private phone yesterday were not returned.
    Contacted by TSN, Lake Havasu City Police Chief Dan Doyle says “several” criminal investigations are currently taking place. That number may possibly increase.
    Meanwhile, Paterson has publicly stated that 35,000 attended the Rockfest and yet thousands of tickets were counterfeited. The 35,000 figure is disputed by most observers, who say a much lower number attended the event.
    Lake Havasu City itself may well receive bad publicity. One manager of a band that performed at Rockfest told TSN that management companies and agents tend to think of the city where the event took place in a negative way if they donÂ’t receive their payment.
    TSN and e-Press will stay on top of this story. Companies or individuals should contact us via email at epress@maddog.net if they werenÂ’t compensated for services rendered.

BajaMike
    What a scam....anyone know this Ron Paterson guy??

Is it just my perception or does everything that comes out of Havasu, promotions, marina, city government, etc, just reek of corruption and favoritism.
    Rex(notahavasuguy)one

LaveyOne
    That's too bad ...
    We were there for all three days and had a BLAST !!! I don't think there were NEARLY 35,000 people there and things could've been a little more organized, but it was definitely a fun weekend.
    Sorry to hear that and I hope things get worked out for the best. I am looking forward to another one next year.

Bradman
    That's too bad ...
    We were there for all three days and had a BLAST !!! I don't think there were NEARLY 35,000 people there and things could've been a little more organized, but it was definitely a fun weekend.
    Sorry to hear that and I hope things get worked out for the best. I am looking forward to another one next year.
    We were there for all 3 days and had a blast too! As far as 35,000 people, ya right.

Starloans
    I know who he is. We're in the same line of work by profession.
    Sounds like his side job as a concert promoter has him up the creek without a paddle. I spoke to him back in the summer and he talked about Rockfest and coaching Pop Warner.
    Honestly, I was excited to see some music talent come to Havasu. But in the back of my mind I thought it was too much for the small town of Havasu. Even though some of those bands are dated they still demand big bucks.
    rockfest (http://www.lakehavasurockfest.com/home.aspx)

ChumpChange
    I floated past Rockfest a few times throughout the weekend. It looked pretty empty in there. They had lot of unused space within those chainlink fences.

Havasu Hangin'
    We were there for all three days and had a BLAST !!!
    You were there? :idea:

Devil's Advocate
    That was a great weekend but we passed on the Rockfest.

Brian
    That was a great weekend but we passed on the Rockfest.
    Saw you guys a couple of times in the channel and waved. You seemed, ah, preoccupied or something...
    Rockfest looked less than stellar the times we cruised past. Sound was bad out on the water, hopefully sounded better up close. We had a great weekend in any case.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast