Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Demolition work....

Tom Brown
    I'm a big fan of Norm.
    That elevator demolition accident is going to play big at work, particularly because it isn't us.
    We've had our share of catastrophes, though. We've blown up our Vancouver terminal several times (grain dust is highly explosive), burned several elevators down (grain driers have been known to get out of control, on occasion), and we have a new concrete elevator that leans so much, we can only fill it to about 60% capacity. When the unit was built, our engineers did a site and soil study. They put together a plan that called for gradual loading of the elevator with full capacity not being reached for a few years. The local manager, knowing better, loaded it right up a couple of months after it went online. The thing that pisses me off is he's still working for us.
    It's too bad we've laid off all of the more flamboyant cowboys. Things are quite competently run these days and that makes for a boring environment in which to work.
    When I first started, the place was just IPOing and they were shitting money. A lot of hair-brained schemes and crazy shit went down then. We were trying to think of new ways to spend money.
    My favorite was the mobile elevator. They turned out to be too heavy to use on the public road system. Now all three of them are rotting in an equipment yard in the country. All three have blown transmissions, as I recall.

hoolign
    Yeah...what's up with bustin on Hooli's gig........fag....
    yeah..and ...wheat sux! :rollside:

Tom Brown
    Much like you demolished a perfectly good thread that was about to completely disorientate a newbie!
    I can't keep up with you anymore. You kids...... always pulling a new caper.

hoolign
    I'm a big fan of Norm.
    That elevator demolition accident is going to play big at work, particularly because it isn't us.
    We've had our share of catastrophes, though. We've blown up our Vancouver terminal several times (grain dust is highly explosive), burned several elevators down (grain driers have been known to get out of control, on occasion), and we have a new concrete elevator that leans so much, we can only fill it to about 60% capacity. When the unit was built, our engineers did a site and soil study. They put together a plan that called for gradual loading of the elevator with full capacity not being reached for a few years. The local manager, knowing better, loaded it right up a couple of months after it went online. The thing that pisses me off is he's still working for us.
    You might think the grain industry is boring, and you'd be right, but there has been some interesting stuff happen over the years. I can't wait to quit that dump so I can open my 'vault'. It will make for good reading.
    I remember when the terminal in Van blew up! You hilbillies shouldnt be allowed any farther west than BIGGAR!

Tom Brown
    You hilbillies shouldnt be allowed any farther west than BIGGAR!
    I recommended a quarantine on Biggar years ago.... for social reasons.

Tom Brown
    I remember when the terminal in Van blew up!
    It's blown up a few times, although one time was much more dramatic than the others.

hoolign
    It's blown up a few times, although one time was much more dramatic than the others.
    I remember one in the early 90's that had the army out! It shook all of east van!

Look at Tom goin all tech on the wheaties n shit. And I thought he was just another constipated IT nerd. :boxed:

Tom Brown
    I remember one in the early 90's that had the army out! It shook all of east van!
    Good news! We've got open quotas on #1 spring wheat!

Jbb
    The Tom Brown designed....."better" grain elevator...
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...lation_002.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12