Thread: Looking to cut my rudder down...

dmontzsta
    please tell me how much I should cut it and what angle, looking forward to seeing your replies.

Sangerboy
    Donald, I have a cut rudder if you want it. It's off my Sanger. I cut it to 10" and even with the bottom when I (incorrectly) thought I had too much tail lift and the opposite was actually happening. It is chromed but in good shape.

BILLY.B
    Donald, I have a cut rudder if you want it. It's off my Sanger. I cut it to 10" and even with the bottom when I (incorrectly) thought I had too much tail lift and the opposite was actually happening. It is chromed but in good shape.Isn't it a wedge rudder Greg?. He needs a trailing rudder. Leading edge of my rudder is 11". Trailing edge is 8". Cut even with the bottom of the boat, and installed parallel to the transom.

Wildchild80
    please tell me how much I should cut it and what angle, looking forward to seeing your replies.
    Donald,
    What kind of boat is it and what is the boat going to be used for

eraser
    Get a new one!! :rollside: :rollside:

dmontzsta
    Thanks for the replies everyone.
    eraser, it is like new...
    Boat is a 75 B boat, going to be a lake/river cruiser and maybe some nostalgia.

Sangerboy
    Isn't it a wedge rudder Greg?. He needs a trailing rudder. Leading edge of my rudder is 11". Trailing edge is 8". Cut even with the bottom of the boat, and installed parallel to the transom.
    Yep it's a wedge, Donald will want a trailing edge rudder to help bring that nose down in the turns. Sorry, I didn't remember what boat he was working on. Eraser had Schiada96 make him a totally bitchen SS trailing edge rudder. I'll go measure it as it seems to be working very well.

Wildchild80
    Thanks for the replies everyone.
    eraser, it is like new...
    Boat is a 75 B boat, going to be a lake/river cruiser and maybe some nostalgia.
    You will need a "trailing edge" rudder 11" long at the front, 10 1/2" at the rear set at 1 or 2 degrees back. That should give you a good all around set up

dmontzsta
    I actually have a trailing edge now, like new.