Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: sponsons?

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Dammit bp, Im going to meet you this year. I have been to lakefest and the finals for 6yrs and never met you.

Gearhead
    actually, it looks much slower on the trailer. they do make it look faster when you're sitting in your boat at 95, while it screams away from you like a rocket.
    they do work though. if you've ever seen a cp tunnel completely off the gas at 100, you'd know what "stuff the nose" -really- meant. these things hold the bow up pretty well. jerry did some testing...
    Your right! And wow! If you have seen Jerry Hick's boat run... well it is more than impressive. DNE powered and MPD setup.... and well over 130 mph carbureted tunnel ram + N20!

steelcomp
    There's nothing like the real thing thou. :rollside:
    When I lost my motor in ok city at over 100mph I thought it was gonna be over right there and then but the sponsons kept my boat from hooking. Crossed the finish line at 98mph after blowing the motor just past 1/2 track. I`m a believer in training wheels!!!! :220v: :argue: :rollside:Yeah, but your boat is suposed to ride on it's nose...Jerry's isn't. If you only scrubbed off 2 mph in 600', I'd say you haven't got any shutdown issues to worry about.

ONAROLL
    Are these "sponson cushions" new technology for this type of hull, or are they already a proven design?..........Vic

lil man wayne
    Maybe its a baby step in moving to a hydro,Then to a flatbottom.
    Silly jetboaters have to advance sometime :argue:

UBFJ #454
    "DNE powered and MPD setup.... and well over 130 mph carbureted tunnel ram + N20!."
    Don't think Jerry used n2o any this year ... He's do'in it all on gas!
    "Are these "sponson cushions" new technology for this type of hull, or are they already a proven design?.........."
    Both ... Bennett came up with them last winter and Bandy has run them all this year ... They were just put on Jerry's boat here recently ... after he'd been 'Pitched' twice.

ONAROLL
    being 1500 miles away from Bennett, makes it a little difficult, without putting anyone on the spot, is this modification available anywhere else?, or would it be an infringement issue? (splashing)........to be honest, if its good enough for Jerry Hicks its good enough for me......if this is a touchy subject please PM me............thanks, Vic..............

Gearhead
    "DNE powered and MPD setup.... and well over 130 mph carbureted tunnel ram + N20!."
    Don't think Jerry used n2o any this year ... He's do'in it all on gas!
    I wonder if he ran any laughing gas at SITC or was it just on the motor? It seems like on Saturday evening they recorded something like a 5.74 at 141 in the 1000 foot! I'm thinking Jerry said his GPS recorded a high 130. But any way you look at it, that is one Smokin' CP!
    Is that the right numbers? I know he ran in the 6.0s pretty regularly in the 130's.

UBFJ #454
    being 1500 miles away from Bennett, makes it a little difficult, without putting anyone on the spot, is this modification available anywhere else?, or would it be an infringement issue? (splashing)........to be honest, if its good enough for Jerry Hicks its good enough for me......if this is a touchy subject please PM me............thanks, Vic..............
    Suggest you call Jack McClure @ MPD and talk directly with him about his & Bennett's modification ... Since it's a Safety Modification and Jack is Always Concerned About Safety and a very reasonable type, I wouldn't imagine he'd have any problem talking with you ... Only problem is Jack is always busy getting things done so you'd have to catch him at the right time ... perhaps e-mailing him first would be the best way to make contact.
    For what it's worth Jack, has forgotten more about setting up CP's than most others know ... He is, without a doubt, 'The Best' when it comes to setting up CP's.

bp
    I wonder if he ran any laughing gas at SITC or was it just on the motor? It seems like on Saturday evening they recorded something like a 5.74 at 141 in the 1000 foot! I'm thinking Jerry said his GPS recorded a high 130. But any way you look at it, that is one Smokin' CP!
    Is that the right numbers? I know he ran in the 6.0s pretty regularly in the 130's.
    i talked to him about that run, but didn't ask him about n2 because he doesn't need it to qualify back there. they've had to do other things to slow the thing down to qualify in the last couple years.
    data indicated mid 130s.
    that hull was extensively modified by jack this past winter. they're still working on it, but it will run consistent 7.50s without even thinking n2. there's no real reason to run the juice, nobody else using it is close to him...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast