Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's acceptable oil pressure? A little long

rrrr
    You're turning the drill CCW, right?

You're turning the drill CCW, right?
    Yes, I wouldn't have gotten flow anywhere turning it CW.

LakesOnly
    At 500 rpm, the power drilll practially twists right out of my hand once pressure builds. 15 psi ain't reasonable pressure at 500 rpm; 50-80 psi is much more like it in a non-running engine (depending on particulars) with cold oil.
    Find the problem.
    LO

I guess more than anything, I'm pissed about my timeline to finish this thing getting pushed so far out having to pull the engine again. Probably won't be able to get it wet until December now, and with another surgery scheduled for mid December, if anything ELSE pops up, I can't take it out until March.
    Well, if I can't drag it out in December, the Advantage should be done by then for one last run. :rollside:

kojac
    Roostwear,
    Are you using a Fram filter? I have had and know personally three other incidents of people using a fram filter and not getting the right oil pressure. They are just junk. When You said you removed the filter and got tons of oil it reminded me of the filter problem. Use a wix filter and try it out before you pull the motor.
    Hope this helps.
    Kojac

Roostwear,
    Are you using a Fram filter? I have had and know personally three other incidents of people using a fram filter and not getting the right oil pressure. They are just junk. When You said you removed the filter and got tons of oil it reminded me of the filter problem. Use a wix filter and try it out before you pull the motor.
    Hope this helps.
    Kojac
    NEVER a Fram! I use Wix or Purolator filters. I remembered the Fram problem, that's why I took the filter off and spun it to check flow.

wsuwrhr
    So, how are those "mopars" running? I'd prefer to build a motor that I can run in the boat in, oh let's say, 2 years? :boxed:
    MOPAR- My Old Pile Ain't Running
    Iron motor runs fine. Seized two guides towing some stupid phuck jet boater in. Rebuilt the motor with real pistons, a little more cam timing for the increased compression, nice rockers, and a few other nice to have items.
    Alloy motor has a more digits in the last line, still working on that one. Got
    5 large I can borrow?
    Brian

Sorry, but I'm tapped out. I figured none of your shit ran since you haven't made it out to the river since you boated with Lewis and Clark. Isn't the iron motor in the Antny jet boat?

wsuwrhr
    Sorry, but I'm tapped out. I figured none of your shit ran since you haven't made it out to the river since you boated with Lewis and Clark. Isn't the iron motor in the Antny jet boat?
    Iron motor is in the jet.
    The wife took one look at the alloy motor and said she wouldn't have anything to do with whatever it was in.
    I haven't made it to the river due to time, money and a house.
    Depending on the month, enough of one, not enough of the other.
    Sadly, I am not a member of the lucky sperm club.
    To make matters worse, we are selling and moving back to Upland, Rancho, Alta Loma. I don't where yet, but anywhere other than SB. Probably won't be back to the river for two more years.
    It has been too long for sure.
    That's life I guess.
    Brian

The money deal shouldn't be a problem. If we're at the Shack (and from May thru September we were there every other weekend) you guys could crash on one of the pullouts and just have to scrounge up money for however much fuel you burn.
    If the "lucky sperm club" means having kids, better get to the river NOW, 'cuz when your life changes, it'll be even HARDER to get to the water! People will tell you it isn't, but they lie. :hammer2:
    Hell, Shelley looked at the Stevens and asked "who do you think is going to ride in THAT thing with you"? I even told her it'll be slower than the other boat..... didn't matter. Go figure... it must be a chick thing.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast