Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who sells flow coat?

sc fab 1
    I used a whole gallon of Duratec for my deal.
    If you have any black, Used the Duratec high gloss black. DON'T USE PAINT!!!!!!!!!
    i have seen painted floors look just as good as duratec floors. the black areas were painted with automotive blk and polyurethane clear over the intire floor. is this a bad thing? does the duratec hold up like a regular resin flowed floor.

Rattle Can Lou
    Automotive paint will not hold up like the flowcoats that are out there. They will if you are going to show the boat and not use it. Black gel will work also but it will have to be sanded and buffed. I will attach a picture of the Prestec stuff we used in my brothers Rayson...cool stuff
    http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1.../delete116.jpg

schiada96
    So to get the stringers black and the center black do you use paint or
    gel coat?And is flow coat on top paint ok?

Sangster
    If there in good shape you can scuff the areas and spray on Black flow coat then spray over the whole thing with Clear flow coat........

I sprayed my black with automotive paint. It did not adhere to the flow coat. Had to re-do the whole deal.
    Use the Duratec high gloss black. Spray it, let dry. Sand & let sit 24 hours. Thuroghly clean the floors (soap & water). Spray the clear. Then sand & buff the clear.
    http://www.schoutenranch.com/morg/10...ture%20007.jpg

Sher-Fab Unlimited
    14629 Carmenita Road
    Norwalk, CA.90650
    562 921 5206
    Flattie, I think the guys name is Paul that owns this place. Awsome help and very knowlegeable. I would use the Prestec Clear. I have put it in two boats and both have been used and still look great. You can also get the Prestec in Black Clear. The Prestec seems to be more forgiving than other products. If you have any questions please feel free to call.
    Mike 208 375 6328
    RCL, the owners name is Doug, and if you say Todd w/ TRG fiberglass refered you, he usually gives friends of mine a lil' break!
    I have been using a system by the name of sem-tek (i think that is the way its spelled) and have found that it is even easier to use by way of sanding and spraying, the color alone is also better looking, it is kind of a rose color , and when catelysed it goes more of a clear, rather than yellow as the dura-tek does, also when thinning, you can thin almost 40% and have NO problems,...that ive come across.
    Just my .02
    Todd

sc fab 1
    Automotive paint will not hold up like the flowcoats that are out there. They will if you are going to show the boat and not use it. Black gel will work also but it will have to be sanded and buffed. I will attach a picture of the Prestec stuff we used in my brothers Rayson...cool stuff
    http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1.../delete116.jpg
    that looks very nice too! i was told by Alen Kurtis (kurtis Kraft boats) that prestec was the stuff to use. looks like there is a couple of different brands out there.im lost now. there are a few ways to skin a cat and i guess i just have to pick one. right? thanks RCL

Dave Sammons
    Sher-Fab Unlimited
    14629 Carmenita Road
    Norwalk, CA.90650
    562 921 5206
    Flattie, I have put it in two boats, each equipped with 2 towropes that slide all over the place for the first 5 minutes the boats actully run and trust me, both ropes in each boat have been used and the floors still look great. You can also get the Prestec in Black(the same way I like my men). If you have any questions, or are into young boys, please feel free to call.
    Mike 208 375 6328

dmontzsta
    I want a nice floor. Damn, these things look good...I will have to wait a bit.

that looks very nice too! i was told by Alen Kurtis (kurtis Kraft boats) that prestec was the stuff to use. looks like there is a couple of different brands out there.im lost now. there are a few ways to skin a cat and i guess i just have to pick one. right? thanks RCL
    They are all going to work for you, i can only give info on the prod. that i have had experience with, but have had more success with the sen-tek (sem-tek?) ive found that if my filters are not exactly pure and clean (letting toxins through), i have had fisheye problems with the dura-tek, leading me to believe that the sen-tek is more of a fool proof product!...i dont know how you guys think, but if i can get my hands on something to make my life a little easier,...im game! lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast