Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dooley Questions

Some Kind Of Monster
    I have the 10qt Dooley jet boat pan that came with a pickup that it rather loose in the oil pump. It does boot up to the windage tray to hold it in place, but I am concerned about the pump sucking air. Can I fill the void with loctite, or should/can I order a new pickup from Dooley or someone else?
    Also on the same pan, I am trying to figure out how to properly mount the dipstick. Is it held in there with o rings?

The end of the Dooley pickups are centerless ground to size and are normally "tight" not loose. Make sure you have the correct pickup. How "loose" we talkin here? Gimme a number. You can always weld or braze it in but you should not start out loose.

Some Kind Of Monster
    Well, the pickup will rotate due to the force of gravity if held horizontally. Also a quick check with the calipers indicates that the tube is somewhat ovaled. Below is a pic showing the Dooley pickup next to a stock one. Should I just weld it in place? I would rather buy a replacement. Who sells them?
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...1022061357.jpg

Fiat48
    You can drive a piece of round stock in it and enlarge it to fit tighter. You want that bitch tight....and I mean real tight...to keep from sucking air at the pickup.

Some Kind Of Monster
    I have some loctite that is rated to fill up to 5 thou clearance. Is that an option? Also I hate that quick bend right out of the pump. I'd rather just buy a new replacement pickup if possible.

mrgoslow
    I have some loctite that is rated to fill up to 5 thou clearance. Is that an option? Also I hate that quick bend right out of the pump. I'd rather just buy a new replacement pickup if possible.
    weld it!

You can get the pick up's from Rexone. We highly recommend welding the pickups on all marine applications because of the pounding a boat takes.

If it's loose or in this case oblong my guess is it's used and someone's worked on it or it's for a smaller oil pump. I've never seen a Dooley loose from the factory, if anything they're very tight.
    Yes we can supply new one too.

Liberator TJ1984
    weld it!
    ah yes , we have been down this road before , eh' scotty

Some Kind Of Monster
    YGPM Rex

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast