Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: V-drive Flattie Not Selling?????

Fiat48
    Like the car salesmen say "There's an ass for every seat." Or was that "Never leave a dollar on the table." Something like that.
    Flats are a small market. Doesn't make much sense to own one. Just us crazys!

Fhat Cat
    superdave013:
    Fhat Cat:
    superdave013:
    maybe your price is high. 10K complete is about what it sold for brand new. It might have been even less, not real sure.
    Anyway here is what you're competing against.
    sanger flat The boay is Brand new ...... No comparing my Sanger to the one you were!! Anyways think about it I am not selling the boat with engine and I am asking 5500 or Best plus lots of extras so all someone would need is a 454 ...you do the MATH.... I did the math. A running sanger for 6k obo. might be able to get it for 4,500, who knows.
    I sold my hondo (race ready) less engine for 4,500. It even had a bitchin Dick Vale paint job. Was a very clean peice.
    Your sanger looks very nice but it would not make a good race boat at all. And the days of it being a good river cruiser are gone now too. So that's why I say your asking to much. Sorry but to me it looks like the v drive fans are not fading towards jets. They are fading towards 26' cats. You do the math.
    But hey, stick to your guns. Some Sanger fan will come along and just have to have it.
    What year is that brand new boat anyway? Looks like it's a 69 or older to me. Some good points....Its a '72.. I was hopig to get at least 4000. to 4500 for her. I was also including the new bassett headers all the ss hoses, all the custom engine mounts and rails, whrilaway, extra gears and more. But your right I went to the bigger boat for comfort and space for the family. I was just going to keep it for the good old days and because I only took it out twice after the restore and love the way it turned after the new steering system was put in but it would end up just setting.
    I'll just wait it out, maybe throw in another engine and take it to some vdrive bashes & Ming and throw a for sale sign on her.

superdave013
    Try the Long Beach swap meet too.
    Oh, if you want to sell those extra gears let me know. I'm a slut for gears.

Fhat Cat
    Well it still has not sold yet...SO I guess I should lower my price, 4500 or best, I am renewing the ad in boat trader this morning with new price.
    Maybe with the price I will get more responce.

Fhat Cat:
    Well it still has not sold yet...SO I guess I should lower my price, 4500 or best, I am renewing the ad in boat trader this morning with new price.
    Maybe with the price I will get more responce. Cat -
    I agree with Dave's comments. But like I said earlier, I think your boat will sell sometime after June. I am always surprised about the number of "newbies" that show up to V Drive events and catch the bug....
    Good luck. It is in very good shape.

wsuwrhr
    I agree with Dave's comments. But like I said earlier, I think your boat will sell sometime after June. I am always surprised about the number of "newbies" that show up to V Drive events and catch the bug....
    Good luck. It is in very good shape. [/QB]Yea like me, what ever happened to my questions about your runner bottom on the other thread...
    Brian
    [ May 20, 2003, 05:23 PM: Message edited by: wsuwrhr ]

Backfire
    I had my litchfield runnerbottom advertized on the net for 5 years @$3800! BB Olds/t-400/tandem trlr/ full cav with down pedal and locker handle/ 9 degree shaft angle/ casale parallel split case (18%od) Just needed some spiffing up, a battery and fuel system cleaned up to run. I had some casual inquiries including a litchfield fanatic that he'd be interested if it was priced under $1500.I even tried e-bay without recieving one bid!I sold it yesterday to a Swedish guy for $3300. The advertized pricing suggests that flatbottoms are worth a lot more, but are they actually selling near the asking prices? From my experience, the sum value of the parts far exceeds the value of the whole thing, especially if your next project is another v-drive boat!
    [ May 20, 2003, 06:03 PM: Message edited by: Backfire ]

cal***boat
    I can't understand why your boat has not sold yet. There is always someone out there looking for a good deal on clean Sanger flatbottom.
    I just sold my Sanger Flat last night to a guy in Mississippi for only a couple of hundred less then what i was asking for it and he's going to pay for the shipping to get it back to him from here in Nor Calif. ($1800)
    I put a free ad on ***boatSFORSALE.COM and it sold in one week

wsuwrhr:
    Good luck. It is in very good shape. Yea like me, what ever happened to my questions about your runner bottom on the other thread...
    Brian [/QB]Sorry Brian,
    I never looked at the rest of that thread. I will try to call you tomorrow...I still have your number!!
    ssmike
    [ May 20, 2003, 09:24 PM: Message edited by: ssmike ]

Fhat Cat
    cal***boat:
    I can't understand why your boat has not sold yet. There is always someone out there looking for a good deal on clean Sanger flatbottom.
    I just sold my Sanger Flat last night to a guy in Mississippi for only a couple of hundred less then what i was asking for it and he's going to pay for the shipping to get it back to him from here in Nor Calif. ($1800)
    I put a free ad on ***boatSFORSALE.COM and it sold in one week

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast