Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I hate Bank of America

AZKC
    Its all about the 1.99 :crossx:

C-2
    Soon there will only be 3-4 banks to deal with, period.
    In Cali, if you want convenience, that's pretty much where it stands now. Personally, it really pisses me off since they could care less about customer service. They try to kill you with kindness on the phone - but they always skate around the nuts and bolts of the problem.
    Two fawkers I can't stand to deal with since there's really no control - banks and cable/satellite. Fawk fawk fawk.

YeLLowBoaT
    Its all about the 1.99 :crossx:
    that $1.99 cost them about 10k in savings and a payroll account. :crossx:

C-2
    that $1.99 cost them about 10k in savings and a payroll account. :crossx:
    They don't care. They know consumers have few choices, and in the future, will have even less. I threatened the same, personal accounts, credit cards and long-standing business account. They didn't seem too concerned, but I'm sure any other bank will be the same.

YeLLowBoaT
    actaully when I told them that I was pulling all my accounts I had to get a manager over to close out the payroll... He told me they would wave the fee if I stayed...no dice, I keep getting offers from them in the mail.

dmontzsta
    I have been a member since 95 and have no complaints.
    I have a Wells Fargo account for my business, they suck!

Trailer Park Casanova
    Consider a Credit Union.

C-2
    FOR EXAMPLE
    BofA Business CC
    a) Not reporting to credit bureaus, which doesn’t really fit into the scheme of building good credit under your business name
    b) Payments must be submitted before 12:00 noon, EST – 9:00 a.m. here on the West Coast.
    c) 2 days to post online payment to account (assuming you make the 9:00 a.m. PST posting cutoff).
    So I call them…WTF, I have my accounts with you, all online, still a 2 day delay even though they are all “linked” together and I’m staring at them on my screen?
    BofA: Yup, 2 day posting delay.
    That’s just stupid, can it be changed?
    BofA: Nope.
    Why is that?
    BofA: Dunno.
    Is there any thing I can do to make it easier to pay my account?
    BofA: You can phone it in.
    For free?
    BofA: Nope, $10.99 charge.
    So now, unless I study my calendar and account for a)EST, b)2 day posting delay, c)weekends, d)other bank holidays, I HAVE TO SEND A CHECK VIA SNAIL MAIL. The only check I have to send out, and it’s to my own bank. Next month, I’m closing the account.
    Their response?
    BofA: That’s your prerogative; I’ll transfer you over to customer service so you can close your account.
    No transfer to a retention department – just go ahead, close the accounts.
    Accounts with them since 1988 – they can care less.
    --------------
    NSF, late fees, teller fees, covenience fees, UNIVERSAL DEFAULT - the banks are making so much money on them, it's all they care about. They keep finding clever little ways to trip you up.
    Universal Default is my favorite. In fact, that's what generated my above research and phone calls. I saw a late fee and freaked. Had i not called, it would have eliminated 0% and been used against me.
    They blamed it on "automated computer" glicthes with dates. Yeah, sure...how many people don't call to clear up THEIR computer glitch?
    I'm a guessing plenty.

C-2
    Consider a Credit Union.
    I use a credit union to keep me away from my money. Credit Unions and small business banks are fine - if you are confined to their areas of service.
    IMO, even the small business banks will eventually get swallowed up. I have lost client, after client over the past ten years - all due to bank consolidations. In fact, i don't even go after their biz since they have become so unreliable/unpredictable. Here today, gone tomorrow.

YeLLowBoaT
    Consider a Credit Union.
    credit unions can not do every thing a BANK can. It was so much better when a bank could only be a investment bank or a holdings bank, now that they can be both all the fees from investment banks are appled to holdings banks. BoA is not the only bank on my shit list, in fact they are not even in the top 3. WAMU is way ahead of the list, no one else even comes close to thier BS.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast