Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I hate Bank of America

Wake Havasu
    B of A Pt Happy branch in La Quinta once lost a 5,000 deposit I made.
    I kept the receipt they put the money back in.
    Then another part of ( San Fricnsico) B Of A came after and I had to reprove the deposit all over again!
    I repeated this two more times.
    If I ever see Muslim fanatics wearing bomb jackets going into a B of A after hours , I will not report it. Let 'em play with the employees a little.

Riomouse911
    With regards to the "holdings" bank and "investment" bank, I believe that was yet another product of "deregulation to promote competition" that has been preached ad nauseum as the best thing for us common folk. Much like the electricity market deregulation fiasco here in ca, it's almost always a train wreck. I agree, keeping them seperate prevented using capital from one aspect to bolster another aspect.
    IMO, Credit Union is the way to go. While my CU is not perfect, it's tons better than any of the big chains anyday, and they are (hopefully) NEVER going to the "Starbucks" lounge crap WAMU does.

Red Horse
    I am a B of A MILITARY bank customer. Plus I have a MBNA credit card. Both have been great to me. Once a deposit did not post, all the checks written on that bounced. I went it, they cleared it up including ALL check charges (my overdraft took care of it to the payee) AND gave me 50 buck cause they screwed up. They closed on a land loan for me in less than 2 weeks cause I was coming to Japan. They pay ME to keep my money there and pay me to use my debit card. Once my wife tried to use the MBNA card to get gas. Wouldnt go. Over the limit. Coulndt be as we dont run a balance. Number was stolen. New card OVERNIGHTED and charges taken care of. And since I live over here, I dont pay a currency conversion charge on my CC when buying off base. I cant complain

Trailer Park Casanova
    ... and since I was forced to become a customer, I hate them even more... time to get a new CC I guess... fockers...
    Sleek <---- was perfectly happy being an MBNA customer, thank you very much.
    Theirs too much merging.
    Like when all the cell phone co's merged, the good deals slowly evaporated.
    Time for congress to bust it all back up.
    Bigger ain't necessarily better.

RitcheyRch
    I was with them back in 1988-1990 (was ex-wifes idea) and they screwed me out of some money. Pulled all my money out and went back to Wells Fargo. No problems yet.

centerhill condor
    BoA was started by women. If that makes any difference to you. Banking is an industry like any other and part of the "centralizing/decentralizing" cycle.
    Ultimately, when banks and insurance companies are equal we have one of the components necessary for a depression.
    As for the electricity fiasco...that was predicted in Mechanical Engineering magazine 5 years before the lights went out. Elect people that read.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123